Medical Billing Coding - Anybody here use NueMD software by Nuesoft?, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine

Billing-Coding.com

(FORUM HOME)

Medical Software

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Anybody here use NueMD software by Nuesoft?
Topic Originator: KM
Post Date March 13, 2009 @ 3:39 PM
Anybody here use NueMD software by Nuesoft?

KM
March 13, 2009 @ 3:39 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am considering going with this web-based software.  Would love to hear any opinions on this software and company.  Thanks

DAN YOUNG
March 18, 2009 @ 3:38 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We used this with one of our clients, which had the software before we took over the billing.  Our experience is that the software could not deliver as promised.  We lost this client due to the software not showing us what claims were sitting in an error status and what claims went through electronically.  Provider's revenue went down and we struggled to pull up effective reports showing us what was wrong.  Our CEO was constantly on the phone with this software help desk and we vowed never to use this software again.  We are very pleased with Kareo, and our business has grown very well with this program.  Some new features coming out include EMRs and handhelds.  This will practically eliminate missed encouters and coding errors.  Plus this will greatly increase the number of claims the billers can produce each day.

KM
March 18, 2009 @ 3:44 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks for posting, but I do not believe for 1 moment that this is a truthful post.  I was following until you mentioned kareo.  Its a shame that there is no forum to go to in order to get HONEST opinions from NON SALESPEOPLE posting as if they are not sales people.

bb
March 26, 2009 @ 9:16 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kim, you are right on the dot - Kareo may be a good sofware (MAY BE) but the support stinks. They DO NOT CARE about the customer once you have signed up with them. 'Dan Young' appears to be their agent and hence is recommending it. You can go on Kareo site and read their forum to find out for yourself how 'PLEASED' their current customers are!!

Mayr Burroughs
May 13, 2009 @ 6:40 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I considered NueMD before I made my final decision, and there were just too many things that were left unanswered.  I called them and didn't like the support I received at all so I took them off my list.  The only other one I know about for asp is DAQbilling, but I hear they're pretty pricey.  When I spoke with them, I didn't like the fact that I couldn't pick my own clearinghouse and the fact that the clearinghouse fee's were quite large too so I opted to not go the asp route.  Best of luck!

KM
May 13, 2009 @ 7:06 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Mayr,

Which clearinghouse do you use?

Mary Burroughs
May 14, 2009 @ 1:13 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I use signature claims (who are absolutely awesome too) and I'm working on starting my own clearinghouse as well.  You don't want to limit your own resources right out of the gate because it may not be your fault, but you still have to answer for mistakes people make on your behalf so I would really consider limiting your exposure as much as possible.  It's helped greatly in my success.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc