New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: New software
Topic Originator: Michelle Rimmer
Post Date June 5, 2009 @ 9:37 AM
New software

Michelle Rimmer
June 5, 2009 @ 9:37 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi everyone,

I recently did a demo of the new XENA web-based solution.  I found it to be very user friendly!!  What I loved about it is the 'posting charges' screen.  It is a CMS-1500 form template (and everyone knows how much I love the CMS-1500 form!  LOL).  AND, I have no financial interest, I am simply telling you my experience with the demo.  You can view it yourself at XENA-health.com

Michelle Rimmer, CHI, CPMB
President-Professional Medical Billers Association
www.pmbausa.com

Tammy Harlan
July 7, 2009 @ 12:55 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

A "CMS Form Template?"  Why do you need a CMS 1500 template for posting charges?

Also, for $149 per provider (seat), this system should be able to make coffee for you in the morning, clean your house and babysit your children!

I thought you were an active biller?  If so, isn't there a software that  you are using that you promote (without financial gain, of course)

As I have said a million times, "If You Can't Dazzle Them with Brilliance, Baffle them with BS"

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course, LLC
www.medicalbillingcourse.com

Michelle Rimmer
July 7, 2009 @ 9:32 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Tammy,

It is not $149 per provider.  Have you done the demo and researched the software?  Why do you care if I like the software?  The original post was not meant for you, so get off my back.

The jealousy of some in this industry when others succeed is ridiculous!

Linda Walker
July 8, 2009 @ 12:57 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

XENA has poor reporting qualities and I too don't understand the facination with the CMS1500 myself. I prefer to see things on a line item basis.
I have a couple clients who have used or are using XENA that are not overly impressed.  It is however like you said "user friendly" not bad for the beginner.

Michelle Rimmer
July 8, 2009 @ 1:01 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Linda,

How do you know people who have used or are using XENA?  It is not even out yet?  Maybe you are confusing it with another program.

Linda Walker
July 8, 2009 @ 10:20 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

XENA Health LLC makes XPO which is the physicians based billing software and yes it has been out.  Yes it's possible it could be another company but the name of the software is Xena.

Linda Walker
www.billerswebsite.com

Mary
July 8, 2009 @ 9:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I wasn't impressed.  There isn't any real quantitative data in the introduction power point at all to back up their graph.  Looks like a bunch of smoke and mirrors to me.  I had a colleague request the demo anyway and it was pretty much the same.  More flashy and colorful than performance based.  I guess if you haven't seen a bunch of demo's (which believe me ... I have) you might give it real consideration, but otherwise, you'll probably know right away that it's entirely to expensive for the services it's offering.  And they certainly like using the word "robust" a lot.  I would be extra wary of this one, especially if you're considering using server based software.

YS
July 17, 2009 @ 11:00 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Mary, what do you recommend as a good not pricy billing soft, ASP or server based, any?

Linda Walker
July 18, 2009 @ 9:13 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

There are three good ones I like

Kareo  www.kareo.com
CollaborateMD - www.collaboratemd.com
DAQBilling - www.antekhealthware.com/products/daqbilling/index.php

The physicians based XENA is a bit sluggish I agree Even on a new PC with high speed access it still lacked performance.

Linda Walker
PMRNC
www.billerswebsite.com

Carrielynne Handcox
July 24, 2009 @ 9:43 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Is this software affordable?

Beaver Creek Software
September 9, 2009 @ 6:18 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

The THERAPIST is a practice management and billing program especially well suited for sole practitioners.  It's a nice, affordable option used by counselors, psychologists, chiropractors, general practitioners and physical therapists.

Our entry level product starts at $399.

http://www.beaverlog.com/therapist/info.htm

Mary
September 10, 2009 @ 1:48 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

it depends a lot on what you're going to be using the software for (doctors specialties, reporting, etc) and what is visually appealling to you.  You also need to look at the long term cost of software and some places aren't exactly forthcoming with that information.  Find out what it costs to get the software, what tech support costs if it's not included, and what upgrades are running at and how frequently they occur.  Keep in mind, right now, the two major differences are web based vs non web based software.  They both have different pros and cons, so you need to see what you can put up with and what you would rather do without and that sould help you narrow the field significantly.  Don't EVER purchase any software without a demo and don't let yourself be pressured or rushed so a salesman can get his montly commission.  It's a HUGE decision that some people make more than once in their billing career.  As far as recommending software, I try not to, unless I know someone is looking at the kind of software that I use because I have a lot of experience with it and I know what it's capable of.  If you're interested, you can email me at pmsolutions.mary@gmail.com (I'm not a salesperson, so don't worry ... I'm not going to try to sell you anything) and tell me more about the direction you're headed and I'd be more than happy to give you some tips about the different software packages I've come in contact with over the years and the pros and cons I've found with each.  Best of luck to you!

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc