Medical Software

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Allscripts
Topic Originator: Leann
Post Date September 14, 2009 @ 6:52 PM
Allscripts

Leann
September 14, 2009 @ 6:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Has anyone used Allscripts for their billing software?  How does it compare with DAQ and Medisoft?

Ted
September 16, 2009 @ 4:43 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Allscripts products are expensive and tedious.  Basically overkill for most doctors offices.  You don't mention if you are looking for software for a doctors office or for a billing operation.  That's a big factor for recommending something for you.  If for a doctors office, what specialty?

Brian
November 4, 2009 @ 12:49 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I work for a Pediatric clinic that uses Misys/Allscrips.  We use both the EMR and Tiger (practice management) softwares.  They integrate and have an interface so that charges may be passed from the EMR to the Tiger.  The charges can then be passed directly to the electronic billing.  Each claim still needs to be looked at as there are invariably things the providers and back office staff do not include in their charges.  The Allscrips software is very powerful software.  You get reports that can tell you a great deal and the ability to attach notes to claims when you have to send corrected claims, apeals, statements, etc. We also use their fast remit function that allows us to correctly post EOBs electronically.  A $20,000.00 Medicaid EOB used to take me half a day to post can take as little as 5 minutes with this function.  Allscripts offers not only software, but also hardware and supports both.  This will be a boon to those offices who do not have a competent IT department.  The service of the support is not as good as it was when it was Misys but they will get you taken care of if you keep going up the ladder of responsibility.

Allscripts is not cheap.  You pay for each service you get and each piece of hardware you support. There are also per ticket charges for things like fast remit and fast claim. It has worked for us because we were able to start out with no IT support personell and still did not have to worry about our system going down.  Despite per transaction fees,  we probably still save money on labor by using the electronic services.  That would be something you should run numbers on and decide for yourself before making your decision.

Before someone acuses me of working for Allscripts, I do not.  The above statements are my experience with having worked in a clinic that uses the services of the company and has since 2003

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc