Medical Software

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: An appeal for common sense - Part II
Topic Originator: JamesNT
Post Date September 15, 2006 @ 4:08 PM
An appeal for common sense - Part II

JamesNT
September 15, 2006 @ 4:08 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

A while back I wrote part I of this article in which I detailed some of the criteria I used to decide which software to purchase for my billing center.  Today, I'm going to list a few other factors to assist the new person who is thinking about opening up their own billing business and needs to purchase new practice management software.

1.  Backup.  The software you purchase should be easy to backup.  For example, with the software I use all I have to do is backup the software's data folder and I'm done.  Other softwares I have seen want me to cross the mystic river into the fields of despair to do battle with the dragons of doom before the sofware will even consider giving me a backup of my stuff.  Not only should backing up be easy, but restoring from a backup should be easy as well.  Once you have decided on which software you want to buy you should do a mock backup and restore to see what steps are involved should the day arrive when you need to recover from a disaster.

2.  Is the software ready for the future?  Right now, you can go to Amazon.com and pre-order Windows Vista - the next version of Windows - which ships on January 30, 2007.  Will your chosen software run on Vista?  Is your vendor testing their software now to ensure compatibility?  

3.  Beware the salespeople on this forum (at least that's what they sound like).  Yes, I said it, beware of them.  Why, might you ask?  For one thing, half of them can barely spell and their grammar sucks.  I don't know about you guys, but I don't think I want to trust a company who would hire a sales rep who is so incompetent that he/she can barely spell or doesn't take the time to form a complete thought in a sentence.  If a sales rep is so lazy that he or she can't type a coherent sentence to you on this forum, how does that convey to you the idea that said sales rep cares about you?  Instead of going by what you see here, try getting someone on the phone so you can get some real questions answered.  I promise you that not a single sales rep here knows what a "wide area network" is.

I realize number three may upset a few people here, and I'm sorry about that.  Unfortunately, I call 'em like I see 'em and some of you really need to work on your grammar.  Good grammar and good spelling equals people seeing you as a true professional who cares.

Think about it.

That's enough for today.  Be certain to check out my other post for some other tips to help you move along.  Part III will happen when I get around to it.

JamesNT

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc