Medical Software

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Practice Management Software
Topic Originator: David
Post Date May 10, 2005 @ 7:15 PM
Practice Management Software

David
May 10, 2005 @ 7:15 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have run offices in the past, none being in Medical Billing. All our office needs could normally be run using Excel, Word, Access etc.

Is it worth purchasing Practice Management software dedicated to this industry or can I get by for a while until the business makes more money and we can afford the more advanced products.

David

Stacey
May 11, 2005 @ 1:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would say if you are just starting your company you could get by on the basic Microsoft products.

Though when you upgrade to other software it will take some waisted man hours to re set up the office.

It could actually work out very similar pricings if you look at it this way.

There are many good and well priced software packages out there.

Hope this helps
Stacey

Ashish
May 12, 2005 @ 10:13 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

hi david, yes u definetely need a practice mgmt software , it is necessary because almost all the things are to be submitted electronically to insurance company and to patients and to collectiosn agency and to physicians also , moreover data stored in pms is huge and easily to find and work , which is not possible with microsoft tools.

so go for atleast one pms . let it be small in size.
thanks
ashish

Scott
July 8, 2005 @ 3:26 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes, you need Practice Management Software. A medical office has to be organized and efficient. If you are lacking in any of those areas, your office WILL lose money. Because the complexity of billing, coding and collections I would highly recommend Practice Management Software.

Amber
July 11, 2005 @ 10:47 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello.  I do agree to a point with the others you do need to have a program for your accounts to ease the billing process.   If you are not wanting to get into the software right yet you could outsource your billing work.  This allows you to build your practice with out worring about your claims going out the door.  An oursourcing company saves you money in all different way.  You do not have to purchase Practice Manager software I have the software and you get remote Access.  I load your patient information and bill the insurance companies and patient.  It will also save you on labor.  I do not receive any payment until the insurance company pays you.  If you would like some more information about us please give me a call or drop me an Email.  My name is Amber and I am the Owner of A.C. Medical Billing Company (formally Collins and Smith Billing Associates, Inc.) 727-848-9790  fax 727-848-9791  Email: cns_ba@verizon.net

We also offer consulting, credentialing, and notary services.

Karen Crossett
July 25, 2005 @ 12:32 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I do agree that Practice Management Software is necessary to guarantee optimal reimbursement and analysis of your company. In the case of a new practice starting out, and the fact that this is the first for you to manage in the medical field. I do think careful consideration should be given to outsourcing your billing even if only for the first year.  So many new offices start off  with a learning curve that results in substantial loss in revenue.  I have a company Med-Rev Solutions, and aside from medical billing I offer various consulting and practice management services. I would be happy to talk with you. Feel free to contact me (409) 853-1210

Joe
August 17, 2005 @ 1:59 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

There are many products that relate to Practice Management.  The benenfit is cusotmized products that ensure that the patients gets bills, the insurance is filed and subsequently managed from the accoutns receiviable point of view and that you may answer quesitons to patients on the status of each of their encounters at the practice or clinics they visit.

I encourage you to take a look at our products, as our entry level pricing starts at $49/month/provider, including training, EDI set-up, ERA set-up and reporting.  Take a look at www.kareo.com.

Calandra
May 27, 2006 @ 9:39 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

i am new and i am seraching for prouduct pratice managment. i been have ceficatiion last year. i been lookin for they are too much mouney for work at home myself but hope full find is right for price and cheap and please email me thanks

Karen Crossett
May 28, 2006 @ 4:15 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Medi-Soft is probably the most reasonably priced and used by a great deal of physicians, however, you get what you pay for and it does have some weakness - though it is what I started off with. It runs about 2400.00 for a single user program with the module to send electronic claims.  I have viewed AdvancedMD which is a little more expensive, but I found it impressive it would cost you a fee per physician per month ( approximately 200.00 per doctor and the start up is about 3000.00. It is a neat system, but the downfall is it is not yet widely known.  it is a web -based program, and a lot of physicians do not feel comfortable with this. I have a relations ship with a local company here who handles electronic claims ( Medical Office Systems) they ahve a great product to use with your software to submit and manage electronic claims- it would make for really efficient claim management and follow up - it is awesome. At this time they are not selling a full software package, but they will be soon, their EDI live product works with Medi-Soft and it is an awesome tool - I use it and I love it.

Joe
May 30, 2006 @ 9:39 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Give us a call to talk about out references.
No need to pay for start up cost, implementation cost, training.  
LET KAREO demonstrate a new model to your needs, one that you can make a true return for your investment.

Try our Limited Time Promotion: www.kareo.com

When you have an opening in your schedule, we would love to plan a five minute phone call with you to discuss an introductory promotion that were offering to encourage billing companies to join our aggressively growing client community.  When you signup for a Kareo subscription at, https://www.kareo.com/account_signup, your subscription fees will be waived for your first (4) providers for (1) entire year.  This means you and your providers use Kareo free for an entire year, which is more than a $9,000 offer.  

Why are we doing this?  Because we know our product will be shaped by the experience and knowledge of our early customers.  We want you to kick the tires, share your feedback, review our roadmap, and participate in our open product development process.  Let us show you how hard our team is working to earn your business.

Give us a call.

1-888-775-2736 or 1-888-77-KAREO

Joe
May 30, 2006 @ 9:40 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Give us a call to talk about out references.
No need to pay for start up cost, implementation cost, training.  
LET KAREO demonstrate a new model to your needs, one that you can make a true return for your investment.

Try our Limited Time Promotion: www.kareo.com

When you have an opening in your schedule, we would love to plan a five minute phone call with you to discuss an introductory promotion that were offering to encourage billing companies to join our aggressively growing client community.  When you signup for a Kareo subscription at, https://www.kareo.com/account_signup, your subscription fees will be waived for your first (4) providers for (1) entire year.  This means you and your providers use Kareo free for an entire year, which is more than a $9,000 offer.  

Why are we doing this?  Because we know our product will be shaped by the experience and knowledge of our early customers.  We want you to kick the tires, share your feedback, review our roadmap, and participate in our open product development process.  Let us show you how hard our team is working to earn your business.

Give us a call.

1-888-775-2736 or 1-888-77-KAREO

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc