Medical Software

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Cheap software
Topic Originator: Nik
Post Date May 27, 2005 @ 10:04 AM
Cheap software

Nik
May 27, 2005 @ 10:04 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

If I am about to start my own small billing company from home with only one or two clients, then what would be the cheapest and most useful software on the market today for me. There just seems to be many to chose from.

Thanks
Nik

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 @ 10:59 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes there are many cheap software programs to choose from but "cheap" and "most useful" would be an oxymoron.  A cheap program will provide you with cheap benefits, cheap features, cheap results and cheap services.  Look for quality programs then compare price tags.

Lisa Paoli
May 28, 2005 @ 12:34 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Again this is your business and what you put into is totally up to you.  As for software pricing, you have to demo each software and see which one you like.  Many of them have little perks you might like and another biller don't.  I've used Medisoft, Altapoint, PMX3 and now I use Claimgear, I found the software I like now so I'm happy with it.  You have to find out which suits you, not by price, by quality.

Lisa Paoli, CMRS
www.medofficesolutions.net
www.localchapters.net

Helen Sanderson
June 26, 2005 @ 12:25 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I second Lisa's response.  What you need to look for in software is technical and training support, future upgrades, and remote access capabilities. Don't necessarily go cheap, there are several that are affordable, offer convience and great support. Research your options and good luck with your new business!

Veronica
June 26, 2005 @ 9:57 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Nik-  You can visit the websites of most of the large software companies and get a free demo.  This is a great way to "try before you buy."  I am currently using Medisoft.  It has some limitations, but I think they all do.  For the price this was a great program.  I also have great support from a local vendor.  This is VERY important as you go forward.  Good luck to you!

Amber
June 27, 2005 @ 7:22 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I was in the same situation.  I was looking to start my own business but I did not have much start up money. I found that PMX3 is a decent priced software and very user friendly.  I hope you find what you are looking for.

joe
August 17, 2005 @ 2:03 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

There are many products that relate to Practice Management.  The benenfit is cusotmized products that ensure that the patients gets bills, the insurance is filed and subsequently managed from the accoutns receiviable point of view and that you may answer quesitons to patients on the status of each of their encounters at the practice or clinics they visit.

I encourage you to take a look at our products, as our entry level pricing starts at $49/month/provider, including training, EDI set-up, ERA set-up and reporting.  Take a look at www.kareo.com.

agi
October 31, 2005 @ 10:06 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Has anybody used Easy Billing software?

Nik - which software did you go with at the end.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc