BC Advantage Magazine

Medical Software

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Cost of software
Topic Originator: Diana
Post Date August 23, 2005 @ 1:21 PM
Cost of software

August 23, 2005 @ 1:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am considering starting a billing company from my home. So I will only have one or 2 clients to start with. How much do you think it will cost me for software. Just after something simple at first.

Trying to work out a budget on starting the company.

Any help would be great thank you.

August 24, 2005 @ 6:56 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Check out the software survey that this site did recently. I am pretty sure it has the average cost of what everyone spend on software. There is a banner on the home page, right hand side.

Also I just read a posting below this one. About I have not used this software though they are advertising start up rates from only $49 per month.

I have always used Practice Manager X3 and love it. Survey said about $6001 - $7000. But you might want to check with the company directly.

Hope this helps you.

August 29, 2005 @ 5:25 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You might want to check out

Sandra Pickens
August 29, 2005 @ 6:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Please email me.  I have PMX3 software for sale at a discount. Plus a MEdical Billing Website I will include.

Sandra Pickens

August 30, 2005 @ 12:43 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I feel Medisoft is good for beginers and cost will workout for small clients.

August 31, 2005 @ 11:25 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks all, Sorry been so busy I havent had time to look at all these. I will check them all out over the weekend and let you know how I went. Many thanks again.

August 31, 2005 @ 2:54 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would encourage you to take a look at our products as well.  We start at $49/provider/month and scale to $99 and $199/provider per month, depending upon what you allow your providers to use with in the applications.  If you are interested, plase give me a call at 714-881-4374, or email me at joe

Best Regards

Joe Wurzer VP of Sales

September 1, 2005 @ 8:24 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi there,

I hope that your business adventure goes better then mine did.  Not to put a damper on this, but I have done all the training , had the software put in ...etc  what I have found out is that most doctors want the lager companes to do their processing because they can be more cost effective...I worked on this for appx a year and still was not able to get it off the ground, but it could just be the area I live in ...I have turned my career towards medical coding...I will get my degree in about 6 months online and then can either branch out on my own or work for hospitals or companies on line and at home if I want and the pay is very good.  God Luck and God Bless

September 2, 2005 @ 12:56 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I know it is very hard to start up a business, I have had a few of my own.  With all the data that I have seen, 80% of new business fail with in the first 5 yrs, if a business sustains to year 3, they have a 75% chance of making it or selling it.  Interesting data from the SBA of America.  I can say that every business that has implemented our product, continues to have great success.

Lisa Paoli, CMRS
September 3, 2005 @ 10:50 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

But they don't tell you WHY they fail!  The reason medical billing business's fail so much is because of the scams, people really have to invest money to make money.  You have to figure if you can't get at least $5000 to put in this company you will most likely fail.  If you think that software is all you need, you have another thing coming.  You need to keep yourself educated and keep going to seminars and events that are costly, you need to market and that can be at least $200 a month, you have to buy supplies and keep your software updated.  You are talking about $3000 to start and the cost add up in the first 2 years.  
I've been in business 5 years and I'm planning to stick around another 50 years at least.  I invest $200 a month just in marketing and advertisement and that's how you keep successful.  That's not even including the money that I go to seminars and events and rent booths by trade shows.  

Lisa Paoli, CMRS

September 4, 2005 @ 1:05 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Lisa what trade shows/events do you attend and get booths at and how do they work out $ wise.

May 23, 2006 @ 8:09 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Diana, i am deaf and single mom i want to know about cost of software i have been lookin for to get my own home business. please email me thanks you

September 5, 2007 @ 4:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

the cheapest one i found and currently using is EBS (easybilling systems) 1800easybill, so far i'm getting paid VERY well if you know what i mean for a cheap but good software. they worked out a good deal with me and then install the next day

September 5, 2007 @ 4:54 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

the company that i'm with worked out a good deal with me along with some major discounts for me as a beginner.....loving it so far....i suggest you give them a call at 1800easybill...tell them garth sent you

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc