Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: 2 Clients At One Time!
Topic Originator: Adelle Jeanpois
Post Date January 22, 2009 @ 2:55 AM
2 Clients At One Time!

Adelle Jeanpois
January 22, 2009 @ 2:55 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I finished my course with medicalbillingcourse.com almost 3 weeks ago and I went on and got the software and marketing support from them. I did exactly what they instructed me to do and I now have 2 possible clients contacting me at the same time. I don't care to take on two at the same time. I know that might sound crazy but I am more about doing a great job and not being overwhelmed.

I am asking anyone who will listen. All I want to know is which type of client people have had more success with.  They appear to be even in income so I've ruled that out as my determining factor. Now it is down to which one would be better for me in building my business.

One is a OBGYN and the other is a physical therapy office. I need your advice. Which one out of these two do any of you like better? And why??

Adelle

Medical Biller
January 27, 2009 @ 8:18 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

They both are unigue in their own way. Either one is a specialty. You may want to reaserch each one as to the guidelines of how to bill them. OBGYN  can be billed each visit or bulk billing depending on the doctor and the patients coverage. Also certain forms have to be filled at certain times before some procedures.

Then the physical therapy has to pre authroized usually and only so many visits are allowed. (which you can keep track with your DAQ software) If the PT visits are workers comp then you have to call WC get PA # and submit progress notes with your paper claims.

I personally prefer the PT over the OBGYN. Hope this works out for you.

Debbie
February 25, 2009 @ 5:48 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

How did you come about getting 2 clients so fast. I would love to learn your secret. I am having marketing headaches but still plugging at it full force. To hear something like this makes me wonder how you came to get 2 clients so fast. Thank you Debbie

Traice
February 26, 2009 @ 12:12 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

What software did u go with and how is it working for you? Can you share your marketing ideas Please

Traice
February 26, 2009 @ 12:13 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Me too Debbie I just got a call to meet with a office on Tuesday I am keeping my fingers crossed

Linda Walker
March 3, 2009 @ 1:02 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

When I first started out and did my first marketing ( I already had 2 clients previously) I found that small offices such as mental health providers and chiropractors were in great need.
Today, however I think it's even BETTER to market. Today's economy has doctors cutting back, focus on the benefits and cost savings of outsourcing!

Linda Walker
PMRNC
www.billerswebsite.com

Med biller
March 19, 2009 @ 5:45 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I personally think PT is the way to go for your first client.  It is very easy to code and not too compicated

seer
May 15, 2009 @ 4:59 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

she didn't    that was a medicalbillingcourse.com rep in disguise who sells DAQ in a medical billing business package    aren't these salespeople obvious?

seer
May 15, 2009 @ 5:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

she didn't    that was a medicalbillingcourse.com rep in disguise who sells DAQ in a medical billing business package    aren't these salespeople obvious?

Normandy
May 15, 2009 @ 6:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I agree with you. Al these IDs are fake sales people advertising their product. Do not fall for these marketing gimmicks !

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc