Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Web Site
Topic Originator: Jessy
Post Date March 15, 2005 @ 2:14 PM
Web Site

Jessy
March 15, 2005 @ 2:14 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Do you think a home based Billing company needs a web site? Its just me and my friend in the business.

As I have had a few companies call me asking why I dont have a web site when they are so cheap and easy.

Also if I did get one, does anyone know of a good cheap company that I could email for more information.

Jessy

Nicole
March 15, 2005 @ 3:03 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I don't think its 100% needed if you are just a small local company that isnt looking to take on bigger, corporate clients. Though having your contact details and services online can really help increase your business.

You also have to look at keeping your web site up-to-date. As there is nothing more frustrating than going to a web site and all the information is out of date.

Many companies out there will offer you a nice little web site for say $2000. But will charge you $50 or even $100 an hour to update your site. So watch out for this.

I would make sure you are listed in your local Business Directories though! Example Sprint Red Pages.

AZZA
March 15, 2005 @ 4:46 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I agree, if you are trying to get corporate clients. Then a web precence is a must.

Don't spend more than about $1000 on a small 5 page site. Try and find someone who is still doing their degree. They may need $$$ and also helps them build their portfolio.

If they can build it, as for a Content Management System (CMS) for the site. CMS is an application that will allow you to update your site online yourself. Its basically type text. Press a button and your site is updated live. Right then and there. Though you will pay maybe up to $2000 for a 5 page site.

Hope this helps you.

AZZA

Jessy
March 17, 2005 @ 11:05 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks all, yes does help. I think I will wait a little before I proceed. Little scared when it comes to Computer stuff!

Thanks again
Jessy

Brenda
March 17, 2005 @ 8:53 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Jessy,

Go to www.billerswebsite.com ..  The person you want to speak with is Kirsten.  She does a great job and more than affordable.  I think a 5 page site with her is around $500..  They do not charge an astonomical amount to make changes either.  You can buy a package with unlimited changes or you can purchased one time change packages for like $40.  They will also host the site for you if you want for less than $100 per year...     They are in the billing business and do a fabulous job..    Take a look at my site, she did mine..

www.innovativemedbilling.com

At times, I get at least 1 call a week from off my site..  There is a counter on there the last I checked it there had been 857 visits and it has only been up since about Nov/Dec..

Good luck...  I think it was definately worth it..

Brenda Christ, CMRS

Jessy
March 18, 2005 @ 11:05 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Brenda,

Thanks for the link. Congrats on the amount of visitors to your site. I like the look or your site.

Do you do anything to promote the site, or just let it work for itself? As I have also heard its very hard to get into the search engines?

Thanks again
Jessy

Helen
June 2, 2005 @ 12:36 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello Jessy,

I can tell you that this nice person at  www.medofficesolutions.net loves to make websites at a very very affordable price!  Because she is in the business she knows what you are looking for.

The best thing is that you put your own words...which gives you the personality that fits you best.

Good luck!
Helen

ljvs
June 2, 2005 @ 10:25 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

If you go to register.com its like 49.95 to start then only $5.00 a month. Its super easy and its great for someone just starting out.
Jamie

Lisa Paoli
June 2, 2005 @ 7:16 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

www.billerswebsite.com makes affordable sites and hosts them too.

Tammy Harlan
June 2, 2005 @ 7:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

In my 13 years of owning and operating a medical billing business, I can honestly say that I never received a client directly from a prospective client visiting my website.  This is not to say that it does not happen, I'm sure it does.  My website was more of a secondary means of getting the contract.  These days, having a website simply adds credibility to your medical billing business.  If you don't have one, people might question why you do not.  A website is also a great resource for including all the information you need to put in front of your prospective client in order to sell your services....  not to mention a great resource for simplifying the process of having a possible client "sign up" for your blog, newsletter, etc..  so that you can remain in contact with them.  You can also create an area for a client to "register" for your services and submit payment and crucial data to begin using your services.  Then...   the sky is the limit.  If you become a large company, you can also utilize your site to correspond with your clients, allowing them to open "support tickets" with concerns or problems they may be having.

So, to answer your question, I do believe a website is necessary.  Start out inexpensively and add to your site as you grow.

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course LLC
www.medicalbillingcourse.com

BC Team
September 1, 2005 @ 5:53 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Billing-Coding is now offering web site services to our companys ongoing list of services.

5 page sites start from $699.

We have a team of dedicated graphic designers and developers to create an impressive online presence like no other company at such a low price.

Drop as an email at info@billing-coding.com if you have any further question.

Thanks you

BC Team

Lisa Paoli
September 2, 2005 @ 8:39 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

WOW that's alot, www.billerswebsite.com does 3-5 page websites for less then $300.  That's including hosting too.

Lisa Paoli, CMRS
www.medofficesolutions.net

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc