Medical Billing Coding - Working from home-DILEMMA!! HELP!!, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine

Billing-Coding.com

(FORUM HOME)

Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Working from home-DILEMMA!! HELP!!
Topic Originator: Dee
Post Date May 22, 2009 @ 7:57 AM
Working from home-DILEMMA!! HELP!!

Dee
May 22, 2009 @ 7:57 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello to all!!

I need some feedback and opinions please!!

I've been coding for close to 5 years already. I started a new coding job in a small community hospital in January of 2009. When I started I thought I would stay here like forever at least that's what I thought. Well two weeks ago I got an email from Lexicode telling me a about a remoting coding position in my specialty which is outpatient surgery. They asked if I would be willing to take the coding test. I said fine, what do I have to lose right?

Well I took the coding test and passed it. Just yesterday I had the phone interview. I was told about everything, benefits and all. Well I don't know what to do now.

My husband just lost his job 4 months ago and I have 2 small children. I am the sole breadwinner of the house. Remote coding from is home what I always wanted to since I started my coding career. I have only been at my current job for 5 months so I feel bad telling them that I got offered something better. I am also scared to decide.

What should I do? Help please! I need to make a decision by next week!

Thanks!!

Dee
May 22, 2009 @ 10:21 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

ANYONE!!! SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED! :)

steve
May 22, 2009 @ 12:40 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Dont take this wrong, but what is the dilema??   Looks like good information to me.  

My mind isnt working too good today. On my bad days, I can read something and it doesnt make any sense or something doesnt kick in for a few hours.

Dee
May 22, 2009 @ 12:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

The dilemma here is that I can't be chancing jobs in the situation I am in, being that I am the sole breadwinner right now. I guess what I have to stop thinking negatively.

I agree this is a great opportunity if given to me. I will stay positive. Thanks

Kasaja
May 26, 2009 @ 8:23 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Can you do both?  Work your full-time job and do Lexicode part time?

DEE
May 26, 2009 @ 8:36 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

No, because both are full-time.

I am calm now. I was getting over myself. The offer has not been made yet. Hopefully at the end of this weekend the candidates are submitted to the hiring team and than from there they do the job offering. I hope I'm in that batch!!

Thanks for all your suggestions!!

David
May 26, 2009 @ 9:37 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would stick with the job that is more secure, job security should be #1.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc