Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Help!!!!!
Topic Originator: Desiree
Post Date November 16, 2005 @ 9:44 AM
Help!!!!!

Desiree
November 16, 2005 @ 9:44 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Good Morning.  I am new to this site and actually stumbled onto it while I was on Synergy website looking into medical billing.  I have been working in the insurance industry for about 5 years now.  I started out at Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Jersey.  I have learned alot over the years of working there.  I worked with both members and providers and have learned from both sides.  I am now working at Blue Cross of Northern Pennsylvania.  I have been wrestling with the idea of starting my own billing company because of the vast amount of knowledge that I have.  But I have to tell you, I am scared. I know with the knowledge that I have and with the knowledge that I can gain, that I have the potential to be successful.  But I am scared.  I don't know where to begin.  I am afraid of not getting any clients.  Just thought I would share my fears with someone since there maybe more than a few out there who went through the same thing.  If anyone can give me some pointers or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.  If you like you can email me at djones27d@excite.com.  Thanks again

QUINCIE J.
November 16, 2005 @ 12:13 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

HEY DESIREE, I KNOW YOUR FEARS AS I HAVE JUST DECIDED TO WORK WITH SYNERGY ON GETTING ME AN SBA LOAN TO START MY BILLING CO. I HAVE SPOKEN WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE STARTED THEIR BUSINESS WHILE WORKING A FULL TIME JOB, BECAUSE THE MOST TIME CONSUMING PART OF THE WHOLE SITUATION IS THE MARKETING. THE LADY  THAT I SPOKE WITH STATED SHE STARTED HER BUSINESS IN 2003 WITH ONLY ONE CLIENT AND JUST SIGNED HER 3 CLIENTS IN 2004 AND 2005.  WHAT SHE TOLD ME WAS JUST MARKET AND DON'T STOP. SEE YOU GUYS HAVE AN ADVANTAGE OVER ME BECAUSE YOU LIVE IN BIG CITIES. I'M FROM HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA THE OLD DIRTY SOUTH. BUT I DECIDED THIS IS MY DREAM THIS IS WHAT I WANT AS A CAREER TO BE MY OWN BOSS, SO THE ONLY CHOICE IS TO GO WITH IT!!  BUT IF YOU DECIDE TO DO IT I THINK SYNERGY IS A GREAT COMPANY TO START WITH. IF YOU WANT TO YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT quinc001.org. GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Tammy Harlan
November 17, 2005 @ 11:11 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Desiree,

First let me say that if you weren't "scared"...  you wouldn't be human.  This is a normal emotion when taking a step such as beginning a business.  The important thing to remember is that it is always your choice what to do with that fear.  Will it cripple you and not allow you to follow your dreams and goals?  Or will it motivate you to make sure that your choices are solid and that your decisions are based upon due diligence?

When I started my business many years ago, I felt fear.  Upon expressing this to another billing center owner, her response to me was, "Feel the fear and do it anyway."  I took her advice and built a wonderfully successful business.

Best wishes to you!

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course
www.medicalbillingcourse.com

Betsie
November 18, 2005 @ 3:11 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi to all,

First to Desiree.

What a wonderful piece of advice!

I too am beginning to put together the steps to take to start my own Home-Based Medical Billing Business. Presently I'm working for a Internal/Cardiologist doing all the billing functions. Although I feel confident I've learned enough to venture out on my own I am also very fearful, but doing all I can to not let my fears stop or rule me. I've been reading alot on the procedures to start up your own business, however, beginning to feel overwhelmed with so much information. I imagine once I jump in and start the process all else will begin to fall in place.

I would Love to communicate with others that are also trying to begin the steps of starting own home-based business. So please: if anyone cares to communicate, please e-mail me.

Take care and hope to hear soon from others in same place.

Betsie
November 18, 2005 @ 3:17 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi to all again,

I forgot to post my e-mail address :).
I can be reached at: medbillspec@aol.com

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc