Medical Billing Coding - Do want to start a Medical Billing Business?, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine

Billing-Coding.com

(FORUM HOME)

Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Do want to start a Medical Billing Business?
Topic Originator: Sally
Post Date January 14, 2011 @ 7:04 PM
Do want to start a Medical Billing Business?

Sally
January 14, 2011 @ 7:04 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have just released "Simple Steps to Starting Your Own Medical Billing Business" which explains all the steps I used to get my business started and things I still use today. It is available in PDF download only.  Alot of information in one place. If anyone would like more information, please email me at antmedserv@msn.com

Thanks for your time.

carol
February 3, 2011 @ 9:18 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would like to read your steps. I am looking to start my own business and would appreciate the help.

Sally
February 3, 2011 @ 12:28 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Please give me your email and I will help you any way I can and give the information.

Thanks

Sally

Sally
February 4, 2011 @ 2:04 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi All

If anyone would like more information about reading about the steps I wrote about in my book. Please visit my website at medbillingbiz.com.

Any questions, please feel free to email at antmedserv@msn.com

Thanks

Sally
February 8, 2011 @ 8:43 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

There are alot of steps to get started as well run a medical billing business. I would write down a plan first of what kind of business you would like to start meaning if you want a work from home or a location. Planning everything out willl help you move forward alot easier

You need to come up with a name and then apply for a Tax ID#-Let me know if you have any particular questions. I would also visit score.org. they offer free services on how to set a new business. They have helped me. I would also check out my book as well as others to give you some help moving forward.

Thanks

Sally
February 9, 2011 @ 10:23 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to make it clear that this is a book that was written by me and not an article and it is not free. There is too much involved to write an article that would cover everything you need to start a business. Starting a business is not an easy thing as I found out when I started mine.

I can help you with individual questions, but to explain the whole process and give you the best advice would be kind of hard via email, phone etc. But I am willing to answer what I can thru this forum or via my email with no obligations to my book.

Sorry for the confusion

jason
February 9, 2011 @ 3:29 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Are you seriously interested in starting a medical billing company??? do you have medical billign experience?

jason
February 9, 2011 @ 3:31 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Are you really interested in starting a medical billing company?? Do you have any experience doing medical billing?? do get back to me ok..i can give you some pointers...

Sally
February 9, 2011 @ 3:45 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Jason

I wasn't sure if your question was directed to me. If it was, I already own my own Medical Billing Company and have been in business for awhile. I am just trying to help others who are interested in getting started.

I put together a book that has all the steps I used to start my business and still use today. I get alot of questions about how I did it so I thought it would be easier to put everything in a helpful guide.

If you weren't addressing me on this subject then sorry for replying back to your post.

Thanks

Sally
February 11, 2011 @ 1:44 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Please visit my website medbillingbiz.com to find out what is included in my book as well as the option to purchase it or give us a donation.

We thought this was the best way to help others who are interested in getting started and also it would be helpful to other people who are already in business but are fairly new.

So please take a moment to check it out and please ask me any questions you may have.

Thanks

Bonnie
March 29, 2011 @ 2:44 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Why dont you purchase the Medical Billing 4 Dummys book. That helped me get a foot on moving forward with my business. I only have 1 doctor but i make 10% of his receivables a month which is about 2k a month. May not seem like a whole lot but it pays my bills and beats driving to work everyday! lol But i found it on Amazon for like 20 buks. Plus it has like real contracts, invoices for your clients and like 1500 insurance companies names addresses and phone numbers on a disc to use! That was so helpful for me when i first started, you have no idea. Check it out it beats paying thousands of dollars for school that you really don't even need!

Tes
June 20, 2011 @ 4:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Sally
Your book seems to cover quite a lot of topics. I am planning to start a billing/coding company of my own.
Can you please mail me at info[at]medielixir[dot]com, so that we can talk about the further steps.

Thanks
Tes

Sally
June 20, 2011 @ 8:05 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Just visit my book website which will tell you about all the steps I used and still use go to wwwmedbillingbizcom.

If you would like you can email me at antmedserv@msn.com if you have additional questions

Thanks

Jeanie
August 27, 2012 @ 11:29 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Bonnie,  Did you have to get a Business License to bill from home? Do the reimbursements go directly to the physician?  Do you have a web based billing system?  I'm trying to get started & have so many questions.  Anything at all you can share would be so appreciated.

Thanks.

Morgan
May 23, 2013 @ 11:46 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes, I want to start a medical billing company. Can you please send me the details. Pls...
joganbs@gmail.com

Morgan T

Erica Gersic
June 20, 2013 @ 5:48 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi,
I was on a forum for medical billing and coding and found your email address. You had mentioned that you  have 29  years of experience in medical billing and coding.  I just started doing billing and coding for a company and I do have a CBCS but its been a long time since I had schooling for it and I have a couple of questions. Is there any way you can help me by chance?

Erica Gersic
June 20, 2013 @ 5:48 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi,
I was on a forum for medical billing and coding and found your email address. You had mentioned that you  have 29  years of experience in medical billing and coding.  I just started doing billing and coding for a company and I do have a CBCS but its been a long time since I had schooling for it and I have a couple of questions. Is there any way you can help me by chance?

Erica Gersic
June 20, 2013 @ 5:49 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi,

Valeria
February 4, 2011 @ 1:31 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi, I was reading your thread and am I am interested in starting my own business. So any information you can send me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Valeria

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc