Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: medical billing from home
Topic Originator: Brooke
Post Date April 6, 2006 @ 1:24 PM
medical billing from home

Brooke
April 6, 2006 @ 1:24 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am trying to start a peronal business working from home.  I have an extra room for an office but I am just getting to graduate at the end of this month.  Does anyone have any suggestions for starting a client base?  If so it would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy
April 6, 2006 @ 3:23 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Brooke!  I don't have any advice to offer you, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck.  I have one more year left until I get my certificate in billing and coding.  I too would like to work at home.  I understand that from some of the postings I have read that it isn't real easy to get started.  Especially for the  inexperienced.  Never know until you try though.  

Best of luck!

Cindy

Tammy Harlan
April 17, 2006 @ 10:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Brooke,

Does the company that you are obtaining your education and certificate through also provide information, education and support for beginning a business?  Ask them.  We provide this to our students, perhaps they do too?

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course.com
www.medicalbillingcourse.com

Brooke
April 18, 2006 @ 7:53 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have only been told about a list that I will be put on for doctors to look at and one will be given to me of a list of doctors when I pay off my tuition.  I will look into that more, thank you for the tip.

Sincerely,
Brooke Drury

Dan Young
May 1, 2006 @ 1:36 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Be very careful about the "lists."  With the advent of the homebased billing centers, the scams are prolific.  You may be getting a good education and the lists may be legitimate for you, but be careful.  Getting a doctor to accept you as his billing professional can be quite difficult.  Remember, the Doctor went to school for several years to practice medicine.  He now has to trust a moderately educated biller to bring in the money.  In fact, some billers have never been to school, never been certified, never been to seminars, and have last years' ICD-9 and CPT books because the doctor doesn't want to spend the money.  Your best way to get a doctor to give you his business, other than a referral, is to be educated in your field, certified as a biller, and be confident as you speak to her or him about yourself.  Good hunting.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc