Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Billing and coding from home
Topic Originator: Athena
Post Date August 15, 2006 @ 10:53 PM
Billing and coding from home

Athena
August 15, 2006 @ 10:53 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I  will be finished with my classes as of 12/06. I really want to work from home so that I can spend time with my kids.  I have heard alot of not so good things.  If there is amyone out there that has ventured out this way and willing to point me in the right direction please contact me and let me know.

I am not afraid of the hard work that it will take just need to know how to get started.

Thanks for any and all help.

jennifer harden
September 5, 2006 @ 11:29 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am a medical coder that works from home, the only downfall with the company I work for is that they dont always have full-time work.  there are other companies that do though.  when looking for a company to work for make sure that they have a sterady flow of work if you want to work full-time.

Good luck.

Athena
September 5, 2006 @ 5:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Jennifer

How do I go about obtaining at home work especially when I dont have any experience?  It is so depressing when they always say you have to have experience.  How am I going to get the experience if noone wants to give me a chance.

jennifer
September 5, 2006 @ 7:50 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Athena,

I know exactly whhat you mean, you're right it is very depressing, but I found that when you pass one of the certifications for medical coding exams and get your credentials they will take you more seriously.  I called a few doctors offices and asked if they needed a medical coder.  That is the hard part of getting established.  Look for offices that are just getting established, usually they do not offer benefits to start from but they will work with you.  I found a dr. office that would give you all the things that they need coded and you could take it home and turn it back into them when you are finished.  These places usually have  a back-log of things that need to be coded.  
You can also post your resume on websites.  Try going to brainbench.com   They offer free tests (they are not your credentials) in ICD-9 and CPT coding.  The exam is taken over the internet and once you pass it, they will post your resume for you on their site.

I really hope this helps.
Jennifer

Athena
September 6, 2006 @ 9:44 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Jennifer

Thanks for the advice and any other advice would be appreciatd. You can email me directly at athenascrafts1@aol.com

Christy
September 20, 2006 @ 7:49 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Jennifer I work from home also.  Your name look familiar who do you work for.

jennifer
September 20, 2006 @ 7:54 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Christy,
I work for Peak Health Solutions.  You?

christy
September 20, 2006 @ 8:05 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I used to work for Peak quit now I work for TC Assoc

jennifer
September 20, 2006 @ 9:01 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Are they hiring?

christy
September 20, 2006 @ 9:03 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

No not right now.

Sara Kirchner
September 21, 2006 @ 8:46 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi. I have been a medical biller for 6 years now. I work at my local hospital mostly medicare but I can do other insurances also. I want to work from home but I can not find a company that hires workers at home. Do you know of any? You can email me at kirchner74@earthlink.net  any help you can give me would be great. thanks

Marina
September 22, 2006 @ 10:24 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You could just start your own home business.

Sara Kirchner
September 30, 2006 @ 6:49 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I do want to start my own bus. I would like to work for a company and work from home. I have 4 kids so my own bus. would be to much for me right now.I know they are out there I just need help finding them. But thanks! I am glad you responded!

Adrena
September 30, 2006 @ 9:26 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

What is the name of the company? I'm working for a multi-specialty group doing medical billing and I have a year's experience in medical billing. I also have 3.5 years experience as a Senior Claims Examiner and I have a certificate in Insurance Coding & Billing.

PREM
October 6, 2006 @ 1:51 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hai iam from india ,i have experienced in medical coding for past five years,i was wellversed in anesthesia radiology Er coding ,any one help me to get the jo for outsorsing. i will do with less amount.

Thanking you,

Prem kumar.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc