Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Medical Billing Business
Topic Originator: Tracy McBride
Post Date August 30, 2006 @ 12:41 PM
Medical Billing Business

Tracy McBride
August 30, 2006 @ 12:41 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have recently purchased software and everything I need for my own medical billing practice.  I am a certified coder and have a lot of experience in billing and coding.  I have advertised, done cold calling, have a web site, and have went out in person to doctor's offices and hand delivered information.  I have been trying for 3 months to find a client without success.  If there is anyone out there that knows a doctor that might need to outsource his or her billing and coding, please let me know.  Also, if anyone has any advice for me, I would appreciate it.  Thank you for your time.

Tammy Harlan
September 1, 2006 @ 12:14 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Tracy,

Do you have a marketing support team behind you?  If not, what is your marketing approach?  How are you marketing?  What benefits are you selling to your potential clients?

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course, LLC
www.medicalbillingcourse.com

Tracy
September 2, 2006 @ 12:51 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for responding.  No I don't have a marketing team.  I do have the marketing tools that came with the software I purchased.  I have  marketing videos and brochures.  They also gave me a list of contacts.  I have a business partner and she has been helping with the marketing.  We have mailed out hundreds of videos and brochures.  We then call them to see if they are interested.  We also offer a free cost analysis to show potential clients how much they would save by outsourcing instead of hiring an employee to do their billing.  We are also offering to send 25 claims for freee so they can see how easy it is and how much time they will save to spend with patients.  I do know a guy that bought the same system and it did take him a while to get his first client.  He now has 8 docs, most of which were obtained by referrals.  I know I can make this work, I just need one client to give me a chance to prove myself.

Dan Young
September 10, 2006 @ 6:38 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Tracy,

Have you tried the approach of doing the Early Out Program?  Many providers just don't have the office staff to call on unpaid claims at the "over 30 days" bucket.  What you can offer is to call on the insurance companies that have not paid at 30 days (hence the term Ealy Out.)  We charge a higher percentage than doing the entire billing, and we provide consulting on how they can improve their billing.  Our stated goal to them is to win their confidence in us to do the entire billing.  If we do the entire billing, our billing goals for the provider's aging are:  30 days at 85 to 90 percent; 60 days at 90 to 95 percent; 90 days at 1 to 3 percent; and 120 days at 1 to 3 percent. This is all dependent upon the patient mix, such as workman's Comp which can slow down the collection rate or accidents which have gone to attorneys.  If the current biller(s) for the providers aren't getting these results, but the provider is reluctant to give us the entire billing, we offer them Early Out.  Our flat rate of xx percent of collected charges is almost double our regular flat rate percentage of collected charges for the entire billing.  We just started this approach less than 2 months ago and have landed two new clients.  Also, check out my article on page 22 of the latest BC Magazine.  If you do not get this magazine yet, get it for the investment.   You can e-mail me direct for more info on this at dan@resolutionsbilling.com.

ajaniabu
September 7, 2013 @ 8:05 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Medical billing helps to minimizes managerial workload and also contributes to submit bugs free medical bills and claims in the predetermined period

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc