Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Getting your first physician
Topic Originator: Athena
Post Date September 14, 2006 @ 10:18 PM
Getting your first physician

Athena
September 14, 2006 @ 10:18 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Honestly can someon please tell me to go about getting your first client?  I was told by someone in the medical field that because of the town I live in and my race that it will be nearly impossible.  

I have worked to hard to obtain my degree and just looking for some advice.

Thanks

Joan Castro
September 20, 2006 @ 11:33 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Because of your RACE????  I hope this means that you can't run very fast but I doubt it.  I wouldn't want for that yahoo anyway.

What are your qualifications and experience?  Where do you live?  What do you want to do?

Joan

Joan Castro
September 20, 2006 @ 11:52 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Here is something to try no matter where you are.  Offer to work for free, yes, free.  Choose say a couple hours or half a day.  Offer to trouble shoot a specific problem they are having with a coding issue, give a couple hours to backlog, whatever.  Depending on the outcome (which will be fabulous of course), request a reference/referral.  You can offer to do vacation coverage, maternity leave, overflow coverage, whatever it takes to get your foot in the door.

Dan Young
September 20, 2006 @ 1:16 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Athena,

A smart man once said said that he had a dream that one day a person would be judged by the content of his (her) character and not by the color of his (her) skin.  I pray that your town would one day become a reality of this dream.

Maybe I live in a dream world myself, but my community, my church and my business Acquaintances are white, black, hispanic, mixed couples and families.  My neighbors are Asian, white, black, mexican and everyone in between.  We have no problems with race, except who can get to the traffic light the fastest (LOL)

Dan

Linda S
September 20, 2006 @ 5:42 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Athena,
Your race should have NOTHING to do with your ability to do medical billing.  Whoever told you that is either Jealous of your knowledge, or is plain STUPID!!  As for your town, If you are doing your billing through a reliable software vendor, you could live anywhere in the USA and be able to bill.  I'd say your biggest struggle would be to "cold call" if your not local to providers, so your best bet is to market via bulk mail, or get a web page stating that you are able to bill for any providers in any state and that faxing, or mailing overnight mail, at your expense, is how you would obtain their patient's information.  
Good luck,
Linda

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc