Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: coding from home
Topic Originator: Julie
Post Date December 5, 2006 @ 1:00 PM
coding from home

Julie
December 5, 2006 @ 1:00 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi this is my first time on this forum & so far I have found it very interesting.  I live in Western Nebraska & am interested in coding from home, if anyone knows of any opportunities please let me know.  I am a Certified Medical Coder with 10 years experience.

Thanks
Julie

Amanda
January 20, 2007 @ 12:06 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello, I use a coding service, they get the clients and "outsource" the coding to coders that work from home.  Email me and I will give you their info.  I dont' have it handy right now.  Advancedmb@comcast.net

Amanda

Amanda
January 20, 2007 @ 12:07 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello, I use a coding service, they get the clients and "outsource" the coding to coders that work from home.  Email me and I will give you their info.  I dont' have it handy right now.  Advancedmb@comcast.net

Amanda

erri
January 22, 2007 @ 1:32 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Good Morning Amanda,
I read your post in the forum, I have been coding General Surgery + for 7 years, and have had about all I can take of the commute and would be interested in that address.  

Thank you,
Terri

Anna Lee Duffie
January 24, 2007 @ 10:55 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would like you to e-mail me the information on this service that you are using.  Also, would you mind sharing the cost with me.
Thank you so much
Anna Lee Duffie
alduffie@yahoo.com
800-432-4377 telephone

Mary Cabe
January 24, 2007 @ 11:37 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I want to start coding from home. I am half-way through a Medical Billing and Coding course and have an A average. Please advise how I can get started. Thanks!

Julie
January 24, 2007 @ 11:41 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Amanda,

Thanks for responding to my post regarding coding from home, please e-mail me with the details.  Thank You

Julie

Julie
January 24, 2007 @ 11:42 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Forgot to include my e-mail address -

jjscherbarth@yahoo.com
THANKS!

Kyle
February 6, 2007 @ 6:10 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi
I have been working from home for a year now. There are lots of coding  comp. out there I do VA coding and there are DOD and private sector I am in the process of starting a contract coding company with 2 other people. We just sent in for our corp papers and will be bidding on contracts by hopefully by March/April. What type of coding have you done?

Julie
February 6, 2007 @ 6:17 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kyle,
     I code for a family practice
Julie

Kyle
February 6, 2007 @ 6:24 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Keep my e-mail address and I hope to get more work than I can do myself. I will keep you updated.

Amanda
February 7, 2007 @ 11:03 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Congrats!  That is wonderful!!

Amanda

Julie
February 7, 2007 @ 12:32 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks so much, keep me posted!
Julie

Amanda Maldonado
February 8, 2007 @ 1:06 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

These are the requirements per the coding network for consideration as a coder in their company:

We require certification and at least 3 years of experience coding for a single specialty.  (We have not interest in their supervisory or office management experience; it not material to us.)  If they meet this, then we have them take our very demanding tests in that individual specialty.  If they pass, then they become "apprentices" to one of our Division Directors or senior coders in that specialty and 100% of their work is reviewed until we are totally satisfied that they can meet our accuracy standards on an ongoing basis.  

Amanda

Athena Ford
February 8, 2007 @ 7:50 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am new to Medical Billing and Coding and would be interested in working from home. Does anyone know if there is any companies that will do entry level positions? If you do please email me at medathen@sbcglobal.net

Caroline
March 24, 2007 @ 3:10 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would be interested to code at home, could you send me the information.

Caroline

bibi somwaru
April 9, 2007 @ 4:40 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi i read your mesae and i am interested in working from home.i finished my school and i did 4 weeks externship with them but i cannot find a jopb working from home.if there is anyway that you can give me the information on contacting the company i wuld appreciate it very much.

bibi somwaru
April 9, 2007 @ 4:44 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

i forgot my email address Somwaruj@bellsouth.net

Amanda Maldonado
April 9, 2007 @ 4:45 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

More than likely to find a job working from home you will need to gain experience first.  I would get a job in an office, learn as much as you possibly can then try to work from home.  most of the coding that hire from home require experience and to pass a test.

Amanda

shazia
May 1, 2007 @ 7:54 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I HAVE 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE OF BILLING IN A PSYCHIATRIC PRACTICE AND MY BOSS WAS VERY MUCH PLEASED WITH MY PERFORMANCE BUT I HAVE TO LEAVE THAT JOB BECAUSE MY HUSBAND GOT JOB IN SOME OTHER STATE AND NOW I WANT TO WORK FROM HOME IF YOU COULD HELP ME IN GETING ONE
THANKS

Tracy
June 8, 2007 @ 12:05 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Amanda,
Would you mind emailing me the name of the coding company you had mentioned earlier? my email is tlmnkids@yahoo.com
Thanks,  Tracy Frickell

Julie
June 12, 2007 @ 3:51 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Anyone who knows of any companies that hire coders from home, please e-mail me with the info.  Thanks
jjscherbarth@yahoo.com

Debra Denson
June 13, 2007 @ 8:50 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I you still have information about working from home I would really love to have it.

debra

Tammee
June 13, 2007 @ 5:20 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello,
This is my first time on this forum and I find it helpful.  I have been certified since 12/06 and I can't find a job.  I don't have any experience, and I am looking to work from home.  I was a straight A student, and I have very heavy customer service skills.  I am currently working for a doctors office but there is no room for growth.  Can someone please give me any information on how to get an entry level coding postion(coding from home)?!?!?!?!?

Tammee
June 13, 2007 @ 5:22 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I forgot to leave my e-mail address
tammeem@hotmail.com

Thanks

Brooke
June 14, 2007 @ 1:29 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am very interested in this coding from home also.  I have done family practice, internal medicine and urology coding and have 4 years experience in the coding field.  I became a CPC in September of 2006 but have been working with coding and billing for over 4 years.  If anyone has information regarding this, I would really appreciate it.  My email is bornebrooke@yahoo.com.  Thanks in advance  BRB

Susan
July 21, 2007 @ 8:48 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi, Amanda,

Would you please email me the company info, so I can contact them.

Thank You

Susan
July 21, 2007 @ 8:59 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi, Kyle,

I am interested in working from home, would you please send me some information. Thank You.

Kim
July 26, 2007 @ 3:23 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Can you email me the info regarding the company that uses remote coders.I have been seeking an opportunity such as this.
Thanky ou in advance for your reply.

Kim
Kimarts4@aol.com

Lynda VS,CPC
August 1, 2007 @ 3:51 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have been a CPC for 10 years.  I have been coding for pain mgmt for approx 7 of those years.  Is there a demand for pain mgmt coding?

Denise
August 2, 2007 @ 3:37 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi, I just graduated from and received my Medical billilng/coding certification.  I also recieved good grades in school. I also have been having a problem finding a job in this field.  The problem is that I have no experience, only my educational experience, and everywhere you apply, they require at least 2 years experience.  Does anyone have advice on how to acquire experience when you can't even get a job doing what you went to school for? I also would like to work at home, but I don't have the experience for that either.  Thanks!

sissy
August 5, 2007 @ 4:25 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hey Kyle,

Wonder if you could send me info?? I worked for an insurance company and have 25 years as a medical claims processor, currently I work for a Dermatologist which is very interesting....... in skin cancer surgeries  & cosmetics.

Thanx much!

lou chretien
August 5, 2007 @ 9:02 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

hi amanda i have beening coding for twenty plus years at christus st patrick hospital and would like to code from home.please send me some infomation fi you can. thnks lou

Conti
August 8, 2007 @ 8:12 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

When I started 10 y/ ago I did not have no experience and it was rough. Nobody wants to take you because you dont have experience,and you dont have experience because nobody wants to take you. Figure that out!
But I volunteer in a hospital. So they know that you can do. Or I saw many temps that became FTE. Sometimes its hard, but stick to it, and keep looking.
Hope this helps.

Linda
August 8, 2007 @ 12:07 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I work a full time job for Gastroenterology and I have been coding part time from home for Trauma Surgeons for 5 yrs..  Remote and home coders are more in demand. The one thing I will stress is that you have to be either certified or have extensive experience as you are woking independently and must be accurate.  I see this as the norm in the coming years and the population continues to age.  

Volunteer as a Medical Record Dept. or as mentioned get your foot in the door as a temp, and soak up everything you possibly can. Going to school for this profession is great, but it is the hands on experience that you must gain, because nothing in school prepares you for the real types of services you will code.

Alexis
August 8, 2007 @ 12:45 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Please forward me that coding company information.
awilliams@reliablebcs.com

Jennifer
August 8, 2007 @ 3:25 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

When you get a chance, will you send me information on how to apply. I have 3 years experience and I work in Family Medicine. Thanks

Jennifer
August 8, 2007 @ 3:28 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

My email address is hanconbabys@yahoo.com

LaHoma
August 8, 2007 @ 4:00 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am a RMC,CPC I am tired of commuting back and forth also.  I am interested in the company in the forum that contracts coders to work at home.  I have 8 years in Oncology billing and coding.  My email address is ljs3620@marktronix.com

Rhonda
August 10, 2007 @ 7:24 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I too would like the address. I just completed and recieved my certificate for completing an online course in Medical Billing & Coding.
I'm returning to school to finish my RN degree.

I'd like to work at home; currently I work 60+ hrs a week, school is full time takes me out of the house 2 full days. I have a 2 yr old daughter who doesn't see much of her mommy and would like the opportunity to work from home so I can see her grow up.

Please help.
Thanks for your time
Mrs. Rhonda Taylor

Cyndi
August 15, 2007 @ 11:00 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi. I've been coding for over 10yrs with specific focus on Rad.Oncology and Anesthesia/Surgery, and have experience with GYN/OB and Urology.  I'm CPC, CCS-P credentialed and looking for remote coding work.
If you know of, and would be willing to share, information regarding companies that need someone with this type of experience...please email me at: clh3331@aol.com

Thanks!

Carolyn Davis
August 15, 2007 @ 8:36 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have 11 years of experience in coding, and I am ready for a change. I would love to do remote medical coding. Could you also send me the info regarding the company you were speaking of? My email address is:  carolyndavis@hotmail.com

Thanks Amanda :)

LJ
August 16, 2007 @ 8:58 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Amanda,

I am also interested in working from home, part time. I have 20+ years in the medical field. I have been a Medical Coding Analyst for 2+years with my current company. I have worked both for insurance companies and physicians. I have been certified since 1999 as a CPC and since 2005 as a CPC-P. Please let me know if there are still openings. I realize this is an old posting.
My email address is :loro77@aol.com
Thanks

Victoria
August 17, 2007 @ 7:03 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Kyle,

I am a coder for over 5yrs.  I hold the credential of RHIT.  I've been working for the Navy hospital for over a year.  I am interested in working from home doing DOD records.  Can you please give me any information for companies that have remote coding on DOD records?   I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Victoria

Carolyn Davis
August 17, 2007 @ 12:07 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello I am seeking a part time position as a biller/coder. I am certified and have 10 years of experience. Could you email me the information regarding working from home? My email address is carolyndavis@hotmail.com

Debbie Hales
August 23, 2007 @ 1:23 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

kyle,

I am a CPC have coded the last 20 something months for DoD we just lost our contract.  I am intersted in continuing to code from home as I did on that contract.  please email me with info.

Thanks
Debbie

Jean
August 23, 2007 @ 3:54 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Debbie,
You might want to check the AAPC website under coding jobs. They just posted what sounds like you were doing.

Good Luck!

Beverly Feldner
August 27, 2007 @ 4:25 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Amanda - I have 4 years experience coding Emergency Room (Professional) encounters. I have sent numerous resume's to The Coding Network and have never received a reply. I have read numerous articles about this company and am very interested in a part-time remote ED coding position with them. Any suggestions on how get a response from them and hopefully be able to take their test?

Judy
September 25, 2007 @ 11:54 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Amanda

I've been looking for a job as a remote coder, I'm a CPC, CMC, with 14 years of Oncology coding.  I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks
Judy

TAMI
October 25, 2007 @ 2:30 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

This is my first time in this forum and I am very interested in coding from home.  The compnay you speak of sounds like something I would like to look into.  I am from Fort Worth TX and have been a CMC for 3 years but I have been in the Ophthalmology field for about 6 years.  I would appreciate any information I can get from you. Thank you.

Steve Verno
October 25, 2007 @ 10:51 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

EVERYONE::::::

The original poster did this more than 7 months ago and has not come back.  They probably don't offer this anymore.

Please look at the date of the original posting before you respond.  

Also, go to the original BC Advantage website.  There are current openings there every day that you can try to apply for, but, based on personal experience and I have responded to more than 50 advertisements, none have responded back.

Rusty
October 29, 2007 @ 7:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I currently code part-time at home and the other days at the office.

I'm certified and have 7 years experience.  Need any more codes???

Thanks

Tracy
November 2, 2007 @ 8:28 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I work from home as a auditor on a DOD contract. The requirements are that you have experience coding for at least 2 yrs and a certification with AHIMA or AAPC. The stability is questionable as the contracts run from yr to yr so if the DOD is not happy with your current company then another company can get the bid for the next yr. Also, the pay is excellent and there are medical, dental, vision, long term and short term disability insurance and 401K, not to mention all the government holidays off and paid. Another down fall to this is the DOD has thier own rules to coding and it can be quite confusing at times. Good luck to all that would like to work from home it took me 4 yrs. to finally do it not including the 8 months of school I took, but it is well worth it. To the ones that do not have experience and  but are certified, take anything you can to get the experience, I started out part time at a hospital for a physicians group with priveleges and it didn't start out paying well at all but I took it and the doors started opening from there. Again good luck to all and don't give up.

Juddi Schneider, CPC, CCS-P
November 5, 2007 @ 1:41 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Who do I contact about a work from home job for a DOD contractor?  I have both CPC and CCS-P certification.  I have also been a coder instructor thru the PMCC program with AAPC for the past 9 years.  I have also received accolades from the US Army for a study I was involved in with Gulf War records.  Please email any information you may have to juddi@yhti.net  Thanks.

Victoria
November 7, 2007 @ 12:16 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am also interested in working on DoD records remotely.  I am currently coding for the Navy Hospital in Maryland.  I hold an RHIT credential and have been coding for over 4yrs.  I would like to any information you can give me.  My email is VSCassemere@aol.com.  Thanks.

Carol
November 13, 2007 @ 3:38 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Kyle,
I am looking for coding work from home also. I just finished taking the AAPC exam. I passed the course through Wallace Community College here in Alabama. Are you still going to start a coding company? I would love to be able to code for your company. I am not sure where to start from. Any information would be great. There were 11 students in my class. We were talking about maybe starting our own coding company. Some of the others would be interested in coding with you also. Please e-mail me and let me know if this is something you would be interested in.
Thank You
Carol

Brenda
November 15, 2007 @ 11:28 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

This is my first time on this forum. I currently work during the day coding ortho, general surgery and help with neuro.  In the evenings and weekends I work from my home doing general surgery and trauma coding and billing for 3 physicians. I happened to be in the right place at the right time when they were looking for someone to do their billing. I am a certified professional coder (CPC) going on 7 years and have been in the medical field over 10. I would like to expand my home business with additional physicians. Iwould like to know more the companies looking for coders and billers.  You may email me spiritmedical@ao.com.

Wendy Brannock
November 29, 2007 @ 10:43 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I too am interested in working from home. I performed Medical billing and coding for 7 years for three psychiatrists. This was done from home.  I currently code and bill for an outpatient Rehab facility for Speech, Physical and Occupational therapists. I work in clinic but would be interested in returning to working from home.
thanks,

Wendy Brannock
wendytwin@hotmail.com

REKHA CHEMBATH
December 5, 2007 @ 12:42 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

HI,

I  am  an  entry  level  medical coder having  passed  my AHIMA CCA
certification from Indianapolis,kindly give me your  valuable info ,how to
get in to  this position.

Thanks
Rekha

cd_rekha@yahoo.com

REKHA
December 5, 2007 @ 12:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi

I am  an entry level medical coder having passed AHIMA CCA  certification from  Indianapolis,  could you  kindly provide me your valuable info ,how to get into  a coding position to work from office.

Thanks

angie
December 12, 2007 @ 3:42 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

you should check mass genernal hospital they always have coding jobs and most of them you can work from home

Marina
December 15, 2007 @ 2:26 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Visit also www.ercoder.com

Good luck

kb
December 17, 2007 @ 1:24 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have positions open for a certified cder to work remotly from home
email me at Kellyb030094@gmail.com

Buck Maurice
December 19, 2007 @ 10:10 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We need coders.In our office,some traveling or, You can work part time or full time from your home. Send me your RESUME.

Thanks,

Buck

cashprobm@yahoo.com

bridget murphy
January 25, 2008 @ 12:40 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Amanda,

Can you email the name of that company  you are talking about.

Thanks

Debi Bales
February 20, 2008 @ 8:37 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Do you still need traveling coders or coders period???  I am an LVN and COC and have been billing over 30 years with Coding over 12.

Tracy
March 12, 2008 @ 9:13 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello,
I worked for the Naval Medical Center, San Diego for 7 years. I would be interested in coding for you. I am a CPC and have 10 years experience. I have 7 years experience in DOD coding.

essie
March 13, 2008 @ 9:30 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Amanda:
could you send me any info you have about working/coding from home...thanks

Shelly
March 14, 2008 @ 7:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I just resigned from my position at Overlake Surgery Center in Bellevue, WA so they are looking for an ASC coder.  They prefer a certified coder but may be willing to take someone just out of school.  I worked there 7 years & it's a great place to work for.  The cons however are that the workload is excessive and overtime will more than likely be required to "catch up".  After 7 years of not being able to catch up I was fed up.  I highly recommend them as a place to work for however if you go in knowing these things.  Email me if you have specific questions about the job or want their address/tele/fax, I'd be happy to help.

Shelly
March 14, 2008 @ 7:20 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I guess this really wasn't the thread to post that info in....oops.

shelly
March 14, 2008 @ 7:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

gared111@yahoo.com is my email address.

Crissi
March 20, 2008 @ 7:32 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am interstested in Coding from home when my husband and I move to Fayetteville NC in about 41/2 months.  Does anyone have any info to pass along to me?  I will be attending Nursing school and still need to work and I still wnat to keeo my CPC up to date!!  Thank you for any leads or info!!!!  dunigancrissi@yahoo.com

Laurie
April 2, 2008 @ 11:52 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Are you still loooking for coders to work from home or know anyone who is? Is so let me know & I will email or fax you my resume. I have 25 years experience in the Medical field. I am also a certified coder. Thank you for your time.

Laurie

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc