Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Any Leads
Topic Originator: Eager to start
Post Date December 31, 2006 @ 6:06 PM
Any Leads

Eager to start
December 31, 2006 @ 6:06 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have just formed my business and am looking for any leads that will allow me to work from home.  I am very eager to get started. I have a certificate in the Expert Addition of Medical Coding, a Certificate in Medical Billing and am currently taking a Medical Transcription course.  I have the time to devote to the business and absolutely love what I do!!  I will do soft collections, which at one time I worked for a Huge Financial Institute and collected over 1 million dollars in one month.  I am just looking to get my foot in the door with a small practice until I get myself situated.  I have been in the medical field for 4 years and have done a variety of different things, so I am not set on just billing.
If anyone has any leads I would appreciate it.  If anyone would like to contact me directly please do so at candrews@clearviewcatv.net

Dan Young
January 3, 2007 @ 11:11 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Dear Eager,

Here is a sure fire lead ... arm yourself with good quality business cards that contain your company name, your website and email address, phone number, fax number and business mailing address.

Make sure you have all of the required insurance coverage for performing your work.  This should include at least a million dollars in errors and omissions.  This can communicated to prospective customers as you talk up yuour business as being a legitimate company.

A separate fax line also communicates how serious you are.

Now print up some high quality brochures that illustrate your personal billing qualities.  Take the brochures and business cards with you as you go out to the professional business parks surrounding hospitials.  Go door to door and introduce yourself.  Ask to speak to the office manager.  Your very presence in the office is intimidating to many front desk persons, who might be the doctor's biller and/or coder.

Go to about 300 (or more) offices, or until you can speak to that office manager or doctor who will give you a chance.

Most providers will likely have an ageing problem.  You might want to prove yourself (for free) by calling on their 120 day bucket for a thirty day period.  If it is over 10% now, you will want to get it down to about 5%.  

You might also want to try the Early Out Program.  This means you call on the ageing at the over 30 day bucket.  You can see this program in more detail at my website.

Please respond online to this if you have any questions.

Dan
Resolutions Billing & Consulting, Inc.
www.resolutionsbilling.com

Cheryl
January 29, 2007 @ 1:43 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Dan,

Thank you for the awesome leads.  A few more questions for you if you do not mind.  How do I go about finding out what legal form that I will need.  I know that I need a contract, and I think I have a sample on, are there any other forms that I should consider.

I am getting the insurance, and so forth.  Also do you know of any sites that offer a compliance outline?  I want to make sure every area is covered

As well as do you know how to contact any type of physician coming out of a residency program?

Thanks

Cheryl

Dan Young
January 29, 2007 @ 2:12 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Cheryl,

Concerning legal forms, you can pay for online services that have the basic forms for setting up businesses.  Just Google  legal forms and you will get several sites to check out.   The legal forms we have include a comprehensive contract that is five or six pages of pt 8 type.  We also have a Business Associate agreement that we provide as a courtesy for our providers since they are ignorant about the need to have this for us.  We downloaded this from the OIG website and taylored it for our needs.  We also have a confidentiality agreement that we have all potential and permanent clients sign, including all persons who work for us.  

Other forms we get from our Software provider which is web-based.  This is really important to have a great company working with you to get the providers set up electronically.  We use Kareo.  Check out the website and tell them Dan recommended it.  This eliminates the need for a VPN and any highspeed access is all you need. (no dial up).  

Compliance plan can also be downloaded from the OIG, but you will need to adapt it to your work plan.  This can also be provided through the online business forms.

As far as physicians getting out of residency programs, you will need to network with hospital administrators that have oversight of the residency physicians.  Also, muti-physician clinics look for new docs coming into the system.  Some people to network with in the business world are compliace officers, pay-chex salespersons, business machine salespersons, etc.

Dan

Dan Young
January 29, 2007 @ 2:33 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

cheryl,
here is the cover page for our Support Services Agreement.  This covers the items inside the document.  Hope it helps.

ARTICLE I:  DEFINITIONS AND RELATED MATTERS          
SECTION 1.1 Defined Terms                      
SECTION 1.2 Other Interpretive Matters                                          
ARTICLE II:  APPOINTMENT OF SUPPORT SERVICES           SECTION 2.1 Appointment               
SECTION 2.2 Authority of Support Services                SECTION 2.3 Relationship                                               
ARTICLE III:  RESPONSIBILITIES OF SUPPORT SERVICES     
SECTION 3.1 Services                    
SECTION 3.2 Other Duties                     
SECTION 3.3 Subservicing Agreements Between Support Services and Subservicers

ARTICLE IV:  CLIENT TO COOPERATE WITH SUPPORT SERVICES       
SECTION 4.1 Client Cooperation                                     
ARTICLE V:  OTHER PROVISIONS RELATING TO SUPPORT SERVICES       SECTION 5.1 Standards of Care                      SECTION 5.2 Compensation of Support Services - Purchased Receivables                              
SECTION 5.3 Set up Costs and Procedure          
SECTION 5.4 Servicing Procedures, etc.                                          
ARTICLE VI:  REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND COVENANTS       SECTION 6.1 Representations and Warranties of Client          
SECTION 6.2 Representations and Warranties of Support Services       SECTION 6.3 Covenants of Support Services                                
ARTICLE VII: TERMINATION                     SECTION 7.1 Termination                     SECTION 7.2 Support Services Default; Removal of Support Services
SECTION 7.3 Client Default               
SECTION 7.4 Termination with Cause                                         
ARTICLE VIII:  MISCELLANEOUS               
SECTION 8.1 Concerning Offshore Billing                    SECTION 8.2 Effectiveness; Benefits of Agreement     
SECTION 8.3 Amendments                      SECTION 8.4 Notices                
SECTION 8.5 Counterparts               
SECTION 8.6 Governing Law                    
SECTION 8.7 Consent To Jurisdiction; Waiver Of Immunities
SECTION 8.8 Arbitration               
SECTION 8.9 Confidentiality

SCHEDULE 1.1 DEFINITIONS                                        
SCHEDULE 2.1 CLIENT CONTACT INFORMATION                              
SIGNATURE PAGE

Cheryl
January 30, 2007 @ 7:56 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks for the information Dan.  I do plan on using Kareo, I love it!!!  Since you use it, do you know of any sofware that is comptiable with it to do EFT and drafting?  I emailed them they said they do not offer that and I would like to offer that, but I am not sure how that would all work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks Cheryl

hope you do not mind if I keep in touch with you.  You have been very helpful.

Dan Young
January 30, 2007 @ 11:32 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Cheryl,
I am not sure what you are referring to.  I know what EFT means, but not how you are wanting to use it.  Please use my email to clarify with me at dan@resolutionsbilling.com

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc