Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: medical biller
Topic Originator: teresa
Post Date February 13, 2007 @ 7:56 PM
medical biller

teresa
February 13, 2007 @ 7:56 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

hello this is my first time on this site and I am trying to start a home base medical billing service. I am looking for some advice on how to get started. If anyone has any advice please contact me.
Thanks

Marina
February 14, 2007 @ 9:53 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

-In the forum Medical Billing / Coding from home go to the topics Billing from home (buy Tammy) and Start-up cost for home-based medical billers (buy Rachel Dobbins) and look at Steve Verno's replies.
-You'll find very helpful informations in the Book" Medical Billing Beginners Book" buy Paul Jacket. You can buy it buy clicking on the banner " Interested in doing medical billing from home" seen on the top of this forum. You can also buy Medical Claims and Billing Service start-up books through Amazon.com and Smallbizbooks.com.
-There are also medical billing business opportunities like Synergy Medical Information Systems(Santiago SDC), Claim Tek or Claim Transit (from American Medical Billing Association) wich can assist you in starting up your business and helping you find clients (through marketing support)...

Wivine
www.wivinemedclaimsbilling.com

Marina
February 14, 2007 @ 11:58 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

the Book" Medical Billing Beginners Book" buy Paul G. Hackett and not Jacket ..

teresa
February 15, 2007 @ 10:23 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

thanks marina for the help I have got a lot of reading to do.
I really appreciate it.

Jaynie Watts
June 5, 2010 @ 5:30 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I second the notion Marina/Wivine! Currently there are 6 medical billing business startup guides on the internet and being a newbie to the medical billing industry I have read them all. Most are garbage and some are decent but Mr. Hackett ebook Medical Billing Beginners Book is a great resource for those new to medical billing as a home based business. You can download it by clicking on the flashing banner directly above these posts.

Just so everyone knows he also turned his downloadable ebook into a Paperback Book that you can purchase at Amazon entitled The Medical Billing Home Business Bible.

His book is full of information that most other books on the subject dont even touch on but are necessary to make the business run correctly. I also liked the way he speaks to you like hes your best friend so its easy to understand exactly what he is showing you to do.

There is no fluff, technical talk, the steps are clearly outlined which makes putting those steps into practice a breeze and most of all I like the fact that he includes real and usable examples of contracts, face-to-face interview scripts, telephone scripts, business setup checklist, marketing flyer's, fee schedule of how to charge your clients for your services, and other forms you must be familiar with to run the daily operations of your business.

I was very impressed with the information the author provided and I thank the AB Advantage team for bringing it to my attention when I first started out.

Jaynie

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc