Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Free Mail Listings
Topic Originator: Tina
Post Date September 24, 2007 @ 9:27 AM
Free Mail Listings

Tina
September 24, 2007 @ 9:27 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Is there a such thing as a free mail listing for physicians? I have started a new billing company and wanted to get a list but didn't want to pay a ton of money for it. I have had no luck finding anything like that yet.

Steve Verno
September 24, 2007 @ 10:39 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Don't pay for physician's lists.   First, doctors are not giving out their names to look for medical billers.  DO NOT contact Medicare for a list of providers who are not billing electronically.  Per HIPAA, Medicare requires all providers to submit claims electronically.

You can use the internet yellow pages for a list of doctors in your area.  You can check your State Department of Health to see if they have a provider look up. For example, in Florida, you can look up a doctor's medical license and get their name, specialty and address.

You can check with your Chamber of Commerce to see if they have a list of providers in your area.  

You can also go to the NPI website and do a look up of providers and their NPI number.  That database has their address listed as well.

There is so much out there that is free, so why pay for something that may not be current or accurate.

You can look in your Yellow Pages phone book.

Merrilee Severino
November 15, 2007 @ 5:39 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Your local medical societies have lists and the local hosptials.  I wouldn't waste your advertising $$ with mailings though.  You can fax for that matter it will all go to the same trash usually.  Make sure you follow up by phone on everyone you send, otherwise it is a waste.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc