New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: BILLING FROM HOME QUESTIONS
Topic Originator: Sasha
Post Date January 3, 2008 @ 10:56 PM
BILLING FROM HOME QUESTIONS

Sasha
January 3, 2008 @ 10:56 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi friends!

I've decided to post my questions, since I've seen almost everyone gets an answer or help, MAYBE I'LL GET LUCKY TOO.
I'm finishing a Medical Coding and Billing course through Penn Foster School, which is online, It's been nearly a year since I started and I'm just about to finish.
I live in Florida, can anybody tell me please, after I have graduate, do I need to take any extra test or certification or is there any requirement to have a home-based billing company?
PLEASE HELP ME I'M SO DESPERATE TRYING TO FIND OUT.... I'VE LOOKED ALL OVER THE INTERNET, UNTIL NOW I FOUND THIS SITE AND MAYBE I'LL GET AN ANSWER....
Thank you very much

tdrmgmt
January 6, 2008 @ 9:10 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello
Unless you are very well-versed in marketing your services, you should look for a company to partner with which offers assistance in this area.  My wife and I chose Synergy Medical Information Systems.  www.synergymis.com  The marketing support and ideas we've received are priceless.  We signed our first doctor-client within the first two weeks of telephone support.  They have an active billing business, so they know what works and what language doctors are looking for.  Other partner/companies we looked at offered elaborate mailing slicks or assistance with creating mailers..  Mailers do not work - it is a waste of time and money because they just get thrown away.  It's not cheap, really, to go this route.  The investment is nearly $6,000.00, but it is worth it to get the right tools and assistance to be successful.  They also offer different ways to get your project funded, incase you need it.  I know I sound like a Synergy salesman, (lol) but our experience has been so positive that I want to share it with others so they don't make the mistake of trying a "cheaper" route and end up losing their hard earned money.
I know some on these discussions say that it is not possible to get clients, or that the market is saturated.  I say, there are 'other reasons' possibly that they're not getting work or clients.  I don't know what those 'other reasons' may be, but we've had great success in offering our services and received very positive feedback from those we've presented to.  I am confident we will sign up at least 3 more physicians in this first quarter of 2008.
You are not required to have any other sort of certification to do this work.  I wish you the very best in your endeavors.
Ted

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc