Medical Billing Coding - RNFA's firs assistant billing for spinnal surgeon, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine


Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: RNFA's firs assistant billing for spinnal surgeon
Topic Originator: Donna
Post Date January 30, 2008 @ 12:01 PM
RNFA's firs assistant billing for spinnal surgeon

January 30, 2008 @ 12:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I need to know what codes and modifiers are used to bill registered nurses's who first assist in surgery with my physician.

He also reads MRI films for his patients and wants to bill the professional componet for the readings. Is this with modifer TC or 26?

Thank you for all your help

February 5, 2008 @ 11:31 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top


I too bill for a RNFA and I bill the exact CPT codes that the surgeon bills and add a modifier AS or 80 depending on the insurance company that you are billing.

I do not have a good answer for the second part of your question..

February 6, 2008 @ 7:42 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I can't answer your first question, but I may be able to help with the second one.

The radiologist doing the test is the one that uses the TC for technical component,
The person that reads the films can bill the 26 for professional component.
Hope this helps!

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc