Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Client Pays Late
Topic Originator: Frustrated
Post Date February 19, 2008 @ 1:03 PM
Client Pays Late

Frustrated
February 19, 2008 @ 1:03 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am having a problem with one of my clients. When they first started with my company they paid promptly. Now that the billing has really gotten underway, the invoices are getting paid whenever. I am up to 3 weeks. It states in my contract that they are to pay on a bi-weekly basis and Due upon Receipt is in the contract as well on the invoices. I am sending out new invoices with the other amount on there and have yet to be paid. I have left messages to the client regarding this. When I have spoken to client before about this same issue, the reply was as follows, Oh Yeah, I remember receiving it about 2- 3 weeks ago and I am getting around to my bills.

Any help with this is deeply appreciated as I am a small business and depend of all of my clients paying me on time to continue services.

Merrilee Severino
February 19, 2008 @ 5:38 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I had lots of clients do this to me around the holiday which really stunk for me.  The worst culprit however was another consultant that subbed out work to me (still owes as far back as Oct 2007!!) I learned from this mistake and impose a late fee and I suspend account until payment made if over 20d late.  That way I can concentrate on my clients whom do pay on time.

Anonymous
February 20, 2008 @ 11:07 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks so much for your reply. I am going to do things differently from this point forward

Dan Young
July 24, 2008 @ 5:00 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Our contract states that we will notify the client that we will contiue to enter the charges, but we will not submit the claims until payment has been made.

This way, we contiue working and do not get behind in the day to day work load.

We finish the previous month by the 5th business day of the next month.  Then submit the bill to the client.  They have 7 business days to pay their bill.  So far this has worked out pretty good except for a hospital that takes advantage of anyone it can.  I told my partners that i wanted to drop them, but we still are hoping things will turn around.

Elsewhere, we are doing great.  We just bought a 3000 sf building for our billing center, and when it is completed, we will have room to just about double our business.  We have clients that we need to sign up, but we have no more room for growth.

Sally
July 24, 2008 @ 5:13 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Dan

Thanks for the input on client who pay late or not at all. I have added to my contract that I will suspend billing until payment is received.  A lession well learned.

Are you looking to other billing companies for the clients you can't take on?

If so, please email me at antmedserv@msn.com.  We are a small business looking to grow.

Thanks

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc