New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: coding from home
Topic Originator: Roger Hettinger
Post Date August 19, 2008 @ 9:23 PM
coding from home

Roger Hettinger
August 19, 2008 @ 9:23 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello-

I'm looking for a part-time job coding from my home.  I've been coding for 8 years and have experience in Pulmonary, ENT, General Surgery, Podiatry, Urology, Anesthesia, and Rehab.  I am a CPC, CCS, and CCS-P.

A few years ago I had a part time job from home working a medical billing company.  I set up the patient demographics and insurance info, did the coding, and entered the charges.  Unfortunately, the client went with a different billing vendor so I was no longer needed.  I would love to find something similar to what I had.

Please contact me at rhettin977@aol.com if you know of anything.  Thanks!

Kimberely Moore, CPC
August 20, 2008 @ 2:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You should apply at www.medassurant.com.  They are looking for remote coders.  The pay is 15-18 dollars an hour.  Go and check out the site.

Good luck!

tamara
August 21, 2008 @ 8:11 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Have you tried The Coding Source from CA. They only do HCC coding both InPT and PCP. If you do not know what HCC is feel free to email me and I will let you know what kind of coding it is. They pay well and have great training.

My email is tamarawaluk@tampabay.rr.com

Arthur
November 19, 2008 @ 10:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am curious what the minimum requirements are for those remote coding jobs from those two sites.  I am working to establish a certificate at a college for medical coding.  after that I will seek certification from ahima.  I am wondering if it will be very difficult once i am out of college to secure a remote coding job (from those two sites) or anywhere.

If anyone can fill me in on what it will take for me, upon finishing school, to secure a job starting off as a remote coder, i'd appreciate that.  including what certifications, and from where.  

thank you so much for your help

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc