Medical Billing / Coding from home

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Laws of starting your own business
Topic Originator: dms2gether
Post Date September 2, 2008 @ 10:11 PM
Laws of starting your own business

dms2gether
September 2, 2008 @ 10:11 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

does anyone know the legalities or the rules of starting your own business works?  I live in NJ, I am looking into how to start a small business course, because I have no idea of the legal responsibilites I may have, like what and how often do you pay the state and or federal, I dont even know where to start!  Anyone have aany suggestions?  Thanks

Linda Walker
September 8, 2008 @ 8:20 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I was born and raised in NJ! I started my MB company in early 90's there as well. NJ is one of those states that require 3rd parties to register.. note that many don't register or they don't follow through with all the paperwork and NJ is a stickler with this!
This is the link..  www.state.nj.us/dobi/tpapage.htm

If the link does not go through, email me at linda@billerswebsite.com and I'll help you.
You should also check your county.. NJ has a few counties that won't let you register due to zoning laws even though you will be serving clients remotely...they just won't budge..but there's ways around that.

Linda Walker
PMRNC (Practice Managers Resource & Networking Community)
www.billerswebsite.com

Profast billing
October 16, 2008 @ 12:10 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I found this website when starting my business.  I haven't had a chance to go through everything, but it seems to be a great resource...and it is a non-profit.  Lots of information for starting a biz.

www.myownbusiness.com

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc