New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: HIPAA Compliance - India
Topic Originator: Raj
Post Date March 17, 2005 @ 3:19 PM
HIPAA Compliance - India

Raj
March 17, 2005 @ 3:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Outsourcing Healthcare to India - HIPAA Compliance
Outsourcing healthcare services like medical billing and coding to India involves the transfer and maintenance of important information. It is an obvious concern for companies outsourcing healthcare work to be ensured that vendors are complying with international standards.

Indian coders are professional, skilled, and well versed in international coding practices. Most coders are AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders) certified and have a minimum of 4 years experience. Membership and subscription to coding bodies like the AAPC and AHIMA ensure that Indian coders are constantly updated.

David Cooper
March 18, 2005 @ 11:10 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Raj, thanks for the HIPAA Compliance information for India.

But has anyone here, ever had any hands on experience with outsourcing to India. Not just word of mouth from a friend of a friend etc.

Prembiller
April 1, 2005 @ 5:51 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

David,

>>

Now there are many companies in US who are offshoring their billing activities to India.  Due to our shear marketing skills, we were able to convince the clients to offshore the work to India.  

Prem.

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 @ 10:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thank goodness, we have enough people in the USA that needs work!

Tracey
May 3, 2005 @ 9:50 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello,
I dont have experience with India billing, but an office I work with did try sending their transcriptions over there.
It was mistake after mistake and typo after typo.
They quit after 2 weeks, and had a service here in Montana re-do everything.
Tracey

Ashish
May 5, 2005 @ 2:06 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

hi, basically i m living in india ( next world from USA) . I  am in field of medical billing for 5 years, working for a usa based firm .

I m working on medisoft for quite a long time. so have enough exp. on its working, so if u have any question regarding working on medisoft, feeel free to mail me on a1734@rediffmail.com

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc