Medical Billing Coding - CERTIFICATION, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine

International Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Topic Originator: MURUGESH
Post Date December 20, 2006 @ 12:20 AM

December 20, 2006 @ 12:20 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I'm interested in recognized organizations that train/certify medical billers and claims adjudicators (those who can, for eg., be employed by TPAs). I'm familiar with coding organizations.

Which organizations or certification courses will the esteemed members of this list recommend, for staff both on the provider and payer side?

I'm not looking at certification for higher management. Something for the clerical and middle management staff.

I'm willing to share my experiences in training billers and coders. I'm currently evaluating the courses offered by various organizations.

Thank you so much.

Steve Verno
December 20, 2006 @ 9:45 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

The Medical Association of Billers ( provides training and certification internationally and on line.  

They also have a free on-line medical billing and coding forum, like this one, to help those who are in need of help.  When you go to, scroll down until you see the link for the forum.  Click it, then save it.

April 21, 2007 @ 12:02 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes I endorse the Medical Association of Billers too. They're a very knowledgeable and helpful bunch of people.

I attended the conference in March in Vegas and found the topics and speakers and overall event to be very helpful.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc