Outsourcing your Billing/Coding

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Medisoft
Topic Originator: LaRonda
Post Date November 1, 2005 @ 5:34 PM
Medisoft

LaRonda
November 1, 2005 @ 5:34 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Does anyone use Medisoft software? Is it user friendly?

Tammy Harlan
November 3, 2005 @ 1:22 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Medisoft, the basic program, is a lower cost program.  People choose it because of cost and not necessarily because of "user friendliness."

In my experience, many physicians offices will begin with Medisoft but don't keep it (on the average) past one year of usage.

So, to answer your question, it will not be near the most "user friendly" software available.  

This site offers a software survey, take a look at it..  it will help you.

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course
www.medicalbillingcourse.com

Traci Quinlan-Cluff, CPC
November 3, 2005 @ 10:21 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I use Medsoft, the software is very self explanatory.  The only thing I don't like about it are the upgrades and the costs for the upgrades every year.  

I would definitly shop around before going with medisoft.

Good Luck!

Traci Quinlan-Cluff, CPC

LARONDA
November 3, 2005 @ 10:35 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks. I'm looking for a software to use at home that's not that expensive and don't have costly upgrades

Leah
November 3, 2005 @ 7:32 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Laronda, I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are saying you are looking for a software which has upgrades that are not very costly, okay.

But if you are saying you are looking for a software that has no upgrades...well, that's not so good.  The laws and processes change so often that you can't have a static billing software and expect it to be useful for very long.  And if you have software that is not upgraded to keep up with these changes, it means (1) the software is not being supported by the vendor/publisher any longer, which means you're going to have problems if something goes wrong, and (2) you're not going to be able to keep billing for very long before your claims start being rejected and unfixable.

cyrus
November 14, 2005 @ 1:05 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Traci,

If i offer you very interseting software which is easy to use and according to your specifications,how does it sound...

Please call me at 214-432-2320 or e-mail me at cyrus@spaninternational.com

Cyrus.

Randi
January 1, 2006 @ 7:38 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I used Medisoft for about a year or so.  Switched as soon as I could.  The low initial cost draws a lot of start-ups.  But the ongoing upgrades, tech support and enhancement costs never stop!!  I got to the point where I needed remote access - which is EXPENSIVE to get with Medisoft.  And thier reports are less than perfect - I needed much more.  So, I switched to an ASP-based software system: www.mostllc.com.  I've been using them for 2-3 years now - LOVE it!!

Randi, CMRS :)

EZEOB.com
March 2, 2006 @ 12:33 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We currently provide a management utility that works w/ medisoft that can automatically post medical EOB's for you saving you valuable time and money. Visit the website ti could only help you.

steve
October 28, 2007 @ 12:59 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi...This is Steve from Vision BPO Services a NY based Medical Billing company.  We are into Medical Billing services for last 6 years.  We have been using MEDISOFT for some of our clients.  Its good software. Please feel free to call me any time at 718-312-8091. Tks.

smbs
April 5, 2008 @ 4:01 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We starteded w/Medisoft; however, the cost of up-grading and technical support was too high. Now we are switing to webbased program wtih free of charge. No cost for technical support. No cost of clearing house fee. Low cost of EHR.  One downside, beacuse of web based, transaction time takes a little longer. HIPPA compliance, up-dated coding, we just love this.

sonia
June 26, 2008 @ 8:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

can you pl. tell me a little bit more about the software you are using.

Thanks

Sonia

Chan
May 24, 2009 @ 8:28 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You can compare and get more details about PM tools using the below links.

www.medicalbillingsoftwarepro.com/Medisoft.html

www.medicalbillingsoftwarepro.com/Medical-Billing-Software-Reviews.html

www.medicalbillingsoftwarepro.com/

cmar
May 28, 2009 @ 2:41 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

smbs - what is the web based software u r using?

Vanessa Best
May 30, 2009 @ 8:21 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Medisoft version 15 which isn't reviewed on the www.medicalbillingsoftwarepro.com site is Vista Compatible and has incorporated enhanced reporting (220 analysis reports) which makes it a software worth considering. Since it was purchased by Mckesson it also has a CCHIT approved EMR that can be added. We are a National Reseller (VAR) who has implemented Medisoft in over 300 offices including billing services that are delighted. The problem in our 15 years experience is that clients purchase at a discount online without formal training and/or support and try to "figure it out on their own". I would be glad to speak 516-858-0633 or provide references. Don't cross Medisoft off your list. Thanks!

sam
May 30, 2009 @ 7:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

yes, I agree Medisoft may be a good choice to recommend BUT (and this one is a BIG BUT) Medisoft SUPPORT is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. I am yet to find out a reasonable support plan and that is whay more and more people are moving to webbased solutions that make it very attractive deals that far outweighs the lack of ownership that comes with web-based systems. Especially, when you think about everything in this day and age IS web-based and so server security and data backups are a given - you need to just check the company out that you go with and you will do just fine.

I am not a sales person and incidently own a Medisoft license and have two clients on Medisoft and also use a web-based solutio for two other clients so can see the pros and cons of each options very clearly.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc