BC Advantage Magazine

Outsourcing your Billing/Coding

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Virginia EOB....Chiro or PT
Topic Originator: Bianca
Post Date July 27, 2006 @ 2:12 PM
Virginia EOB....Chiro or PT

July 27, 2006 @ 2:12 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi guys, I am looking for an EOB for PT or Chiro payment in Virginia.  I understand that the name would be to be blacked out, but if anyone in VA (Alexandria- pref.) can send me an EOB to show what the average payment is I would sooooooooo appreciate it.  THANKS.

August 1, 2006 @ 2:33 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I'd be happy to help you with a copy of an Virginia EOB. Please let me know where to fax it.

August 1, 2006 @ 10:13 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I saw your reply regarding the EOB for VA Chiro, and I'd like to know if you could send me one too.  I'd be very appreciative.  could you please send me an email if you received this and I'll email you my fax #.  I've had too many "spams" come over the fax when I give my # out on "chat forums".  Hope you understand.  

August 2, 2006 @ 1:40 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Wow...I think that would be considered anti-trust (price-fixing) activities.  Be careful!

August 2, 2006 @ 1:45 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

866-428-3768....please put to attn: Bianca

thank you sooooooooo much!

August 2, 2006 @ 7:13 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Not to mention you'd have to have more than a handful to get a grip on what a true average I know my clients would fire me if I did such a thing, as would have all my former employers...

Yep, proceed with caution.

August 2, 2006 @ 7:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

All these words of caution.... have raised my eyebrows. I guess I need to ask for more information from Bianca. What is the purpose behind wanting the EOB???  (Before I do something that gets myself hung)!!

August 3, 2006 @ 2:46 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

It doesn't really matter the intent; sharing such information not only has Anti-trust written all over it, such practice is likely to violate any commerical payer's contractural agreement regarding negotiated rates.  The best advice, especially if you are trying to establish your practice's fee schedule, is to utilize the publically-available Medicare fee schedule as your marker.  (Fee schedules can be found on the CMS website.)  Other resources are available from McGraw-Hill, InterQual/McKesson, etc. to assist providers in establishing their pricing for services.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc