Outsourcing your Billing/Coding

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Tired of politics just want to code
Topic Originator: Tiffany
Post Date April 27, 2008 @ 12:42 PM
Tired of politics just want to code

Tiffany
April 27, 2008 @ 12:42 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I've been coding & billing for over 12 years and love the puzzle of coding.  I've coded for many specialities but love OB/GYN.  I've set up practices, saved practices and now just want to help practices.  I want to code from home and with the time I have I believe I can code another 2-4 groups depending on the size of the group.  I'm CPC certified, I want the work, I'm not out for the money.  I think patient care has went down in the last several years and it's not a fault of the physician and staff, it's the fault of all the hoops we have to go through to get a $100 claim paid.  I want to help, whether it's coding, helping with A/R, or helping with precert/authorizations etc.  You can contact me at tshifflett3@yahoo.com

steve verno@hotmail.com
April 28, 2008 @ 7:13 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Tifanny, those are excellent ideals.  

When I was in the hospital for my stroke, I went days without any personal hygiene.  No soap, no bathing, no toothbrush, no shaving. I layed in my urine for days because the staff refused to empty my urinal.  No icewater, just wam tapwater.  My wife had to take out my brakfast tray when she came at night. Rather than wanting to empty the urinal  my bedding was nevr changed unlesss mywife came in to do it.  they went so far as to talk about starting a catheter so they wouldnt have to worry about a urinal.  The IV site in my right hand became infected.  They wanted to restart another in my infected and swollen hand but the nurse kept saying it faild because the needle was against a valve.  I never knew there was a valve in the veins of your hand. Physical Therapy was walking me around the nurses station  One of the female providers slapped my wife on her fanny in front of my son. I had to beg for a blanket when it was cold.  This wasn due to trying to get claims paid.   I wonder why nursing stopped being nursing.  Now I am now being billed by the hospital for the pain and suffering I endured.  I showed them a picture of my infected hand with two failed IV marks.   I did complain but got an apology letter.  But go with your goals.  Much success to you.

Jackie
May 15, 2008 @ 2:59 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I just wanted to take a moment to say Thank You for your comment regarding healthcare vs. claim payments/insurance.  I work on the insurance side and have for 30 years. I have seen such drastic changes in the healthcare industry and the insurance side is Always blamed for everything. True we make our share of mistakes but the doctors, hospitals etc make a lot more.  The goal "should" be patient care instead of money or getting claims paid because at some point we all will need healthcare and I for one don't want it to come down to my life or my money.

porr
May 15, 2008 @ 9:16 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi there,
Try www.aviacode.com

Their company employs coders to work from home.

Good Luck!

Tammy Harlan
May 16, 2008 @ 1:44 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Steve,

Holy crap!  It sounds like you were in a hospital in a third world country!

I'm sorry you had to endure that.  There is no excuse for that type of treatment.  Especially with what a person is charged for hospital stay.

I hope you are recovering well from your stroke.

Tammy Harlan
Medical Billing Course, LLC
www.medicalbillingcourse.com

DAN YOUNG
October 1, 2008 @ 1:18 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Steve,

Too bad you were not in Monterrey, Mexico for your hospital stay.  Kathy and I have both been in the Central Hospital there and they are incredible with their care.  The hospital is the cleanest you will ever find, the staff excelent, and the providers exceptional.  I had my Lap Band done there in 2005.

Melissa
December 10, 2008 @ 10:11 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Steve,

I am so sorry that you had to endure such sloppy nursing care. It is a good thing your wife was there to help or who knows??

I hope that you are recovering quickly.

Melissa

steve verno
February 13, 2009 @ 9:53 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

MY doctor recommends lap band for me. How was iT???  Ive been working on my weight.,  Now down from 375 to 317 and its real hard to go lower.  I walk 4 miles a day for exercise.  

Guess those fresh hot krispie kreames arent helping.  BTW, dinner today was cottage cheese and vegetable soup.  I drink water or coffee, no more sodas even diet ones.  But I was thinking of lap band surgery.  

I was in Costa Rica with the MAB.  That was a beautiful hospital. Real socialized medicine in action.  What impressed me was the pharmacy.

Funny thing is Sicko has been on HBO recently.  To me, how true. It is sad 9/11 heroes had to go to Cuba for medical care.  Ive seen medicine in Korea, Germany, and Panama.  Much better.

All my best to Kathy and your crew.

patricia
February 17, 2009 @ 5:53 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Try www.aviacode.com they employ people to code from home in many areas.

hhcoder
April 29, 2009 @ 12:08 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

so sorry, Steve to hear of you bad experience with nursing.  I am a nurse and I make no excuses for that kind of care.  But I do want to remind everyone that in my area of the country, the patient/nurse ratio is 10 to 1.  One must also keep in mind that the patients being admitted to the hospital are sicker than they have ever been therefore requiring more care than ever before.  Hospitals are hiring new grads with less experience and getting rid of the loyal employees that cost them more.  I left the hospital because I couldn't take care of my 10 and watch the other nurse's 10 while she went to smoke.  I don't care who you are or how good (or bad) of care you think you get from your local hospital.... never go there alone!  Best of luck to you.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc