BC Advantage Magazine

General Medical Billing Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Future of Medical billing
Topic Originator: George
Post Date February 6, 2009 @ 12:43 PM
Future of Medical billing

February 6, 2009 @ 12:43 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am looking into starting a MB business but the recent changes have got me concerned. As I understand if Dr. offices use electronic Medical records, those software packages do the billing automatically with the insurance carriers. This eliminates the medical billers job. With Obamas administration and its initiative to move towards electronic storage of health information, I am just curious what others think about the future of this industry?

steve verno
February 9, 2009 @ 8:49 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

The doctors office may havs EMR and software to send claims to an insurance company.

It takes a trained biller to handle the denials, delays, and incorrect payments.    A software cannot appeal a denied claim or an incorrect payment.  

So, no matter what you hear, WE are always going to be needed.

Even though we may have progress, progress can only go so far,

When automobiles were invented, that opened up gas stations, lottery ticket sales, oil changes, tire companies, mechanics. Sams Clubs, and giving jobs to lizards, even hiring cavemen.  

I remember when compters came out and there were rumors that many people would lose jobs. All computers did was to increase our workload.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc