Topic Originator: Joann
Post Date April 1, 2011 @ 3:08 PM
Kareo Reviews

Joann
April 1, 2011 @ 3:08 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

How has Kareo worked for you?

Bob Pedersen
April 1, 2011 @ 5:12 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

After over 3 years as a billing service on Kareo, we can now look back and laugh at the old days with the in-house system.  The comparative efficiencies and $-savings we've discovered are amazing.  Forgetting about all the time we save by not having to perform back-ups and deal with system crashes, etc; one fact says it all for us:  We spent more money monthly for programming, upgrades, and maintenance than Kareo costs us monthly for 10 physicians' total processing.  That includes subscription fee, claims, ERAs and Statements.  When you add in the fact that we've experienced 30 minutes of downtime (during business hours) in over 3 years (local road crew cut our cable); well, there's just no comparison.  We had that kind of downtime at least weekly on the in-house system.  We laugh now at how afraid we were of hidden costs, etc. when first starting with Kareo.  What we found were substantial hidden savings and superior functionality.  We love it in the cloud!

Elizabeth
April 1, 2011 @ 6:33 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have been doing billing for the same practice since 1994 and for the last almost 2yrs. using Kareo software. What a difference kareo has made. Its cheaper no hassle with contracts,claims are paid faster,user friendly,and I don't have to be in the office to get my work done. My doctors can use kareo to get the reports they need if by chance I'm away and they want to see how the month end is going. They like the fact they can review and audit the work at their leisure. I would highly recommmend kareo.  Give it a try if not Happy you can opt out.

Lyne
April 4, 2011 @ 4:57 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo is like a breath of fresh air!  We will soon be entering our 3rd year of using this software and have increased our revenue by 50%!  Gone are the days of paper encounters, encounters that don't match the schedule, difficult training sessions, and printing out patient statements.  The reports are phenomenal and allow me to track unpaid claims quickly and easily, as well as patient balances.  I am able to train medical coding interns in record time thus allowing time for other tasks.  I have been recommending Kareo to all of my colleagues who are contemplating entering into third-party billing.  It is by far the best billing software out there!

Justin
April 12, 2011 @ 5:26 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo has some wonderful features that is super to use.  I love the Schedule, and how you can Drag and Drop Appointments and Change them by a Click.  I love the way the ERA's post payments with the ease of just clicking. The whole layout is great also, because I've seen numerous billing and Scheduling software and I believe Kareo has a wonderful layout compared to some competitors.

steve
April 12, 2011 @ 6:37 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Ive used many softwares out there.  I know this doesnt help, I dont give any software reviews or any review period.  I gave my personal opinion on a software.  The person asking for the review was a vendor of the software.  He contacted the software people and showed them my review,  Because I didnt recommend it, I was sued by both the software developer and vendor.  

Ive used Versyss, Unisys, Medical Manager, Lytec, Centricity, and a few others.  Not only dont I every provide a review, I dont give feedback on Ebay.  Ive been threatened with a lawsuit because I dont give feedback.  Sadly, we have sue happy people out there.

Michelle
April 15, 2011 @ 12:19 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have used Kareo for the last 15 months and I feel lucky to have found the company. The system is so easy to use and as a solo practice physician, the cost to benefit ratio is unbeatable.  My previous experience with "professional" billers was horrible and I was able to back bill for one year, catch up with the current billing and come out so far ahead that my CPA kept asking for more billing expenses this year at tax time. She didn't understand how my costs had gone down for billing while my income went up so substantially.  The reports are easy to generate and understand so I am able to catch coding issues before I make the same mistake too many times.    As Medicare continues to threaten to decrease reimbursement, physicians need all the help we can get.  The fixed cost of Kareo with an excellent product are unbeatable.

Lisa
May 2, 2011 @ 7:41 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We were so happy with the support at Kareo. Between the webinars, online video's and the support team, we were up and running in no time at all. I was so happy with the ease of set up and how fast we were able to get money in!! Our small practice found Kareo to be a welcome change!!!

Magdalena
May 6, 2011 @ 7:36 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have been using Kareo for past 5 years and I love it.  I've worked on different systems before and they were very difficult to work on
everyday without having options like Kareo has.  For example I
couldn't open more than one practice at once or open another page to answer patient question about their account without the option of saving what I was doing and having to log out.  It's great that I have control overclaims and encounters by having the option to review it before they sendit out.  If you want to save time and money, have more flexibility and great costumer support, SWITCH NOW

Melissa England
May 11, 2011 @ 1:45 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo has been a blessing in disguise, most billing companies and practices are not willing or wanting to make a change in their softwares, but I can tell you from a billers standpoint, this system has been the BY FAR BEST system I have ever used. If you don't like change, well it's innevitable, and if you want the best system there is out there for billing, this is it! It has every option you could want. If you are just a payment poster and or charge poster you may not like this system because it's so simple and you really don't have to do much, but if you are a billing manager like myself, you have every option you could ever want in this system, all the reports you could possibly dream of, everything made so simple by the click of a button! I would suggest Kareo to any practice and or billing company! Change is a good thing! This software is the best out there!

Christine
May 26, 2011 @ 7:23 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I cannot say enough positive things about Kareo.  I own a counseling practice and previous to using Kareo I had contracted out my billing to services.  I reached a point of desperation with the last service due to their lack of effort and concern to bill timely and get the insurance collections we were due.  I had a therapist quit due  to the billing problems and others who threatened to quit if it didn't change.  I heard about Kareo, did my research and decided it was the most user friendly system I could find for myself to learn on-mind you I had no experience at all doing any of my own billing for my practice.  It has been two years since I started using Kareo to do my billing and my practice is now thriving financially and all of my therapists are very happy because we are getting our insurance payments so quickly and easily with very few claim denials.  Kareo works wonderfully for our mental health billing especially because with the authorizations we have to have in place for our patients to be treated, Kareo alerts me when an authorization has expired so that we can immediately get a new authorization in place and therefore not have a claim denied due to lack of authorization.  I also like the posting feature with Kareo.  Again I cannot say enough wonderful things.  The support at Kareo is great as well.  I definitely recommend this software for anyone who is looking to change.

Darcy
May 26, 2011 @ 8:13 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Our office has been using Kareo for the last two months and it was the best move for us. We are so happy with Kareo. THe billing aspect of Kareo is so efficient and easy to use, and the turn around for claims is so fast. We can check our codes before sending charges which helps so much with the delay of payments. The reports you can retrieve is amazing, you can get a report of every single thing that you have done in Kareo. We personally love it and would recommend it to anyone, you can't go wrong with this program!

Wendy
May 26, 2011 @ 11:22 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

What An Experience!!! I took over the billing for an Othopaedic practice that was using a billing service that unfortunately did not work out for many reasons. We originally invested a lot of money to use a billing software that was way too advanced for what we needed, but then found Kareo. We have been using Kareo for almost nine months now and are overall pleased with the software and customer service. I know financially it has decreased our cost of doing our billing in-house by almost 50% a month and the flexibility is outstanding. I personally work from home three days a week and only have to go into the office one day a week to pick up the mail. I love being able to access Kareo from anywhere and always knowing where we stand financially with the diverse reports options. Kareo is continually doing updates to improve the software to the industries demand and have been very open to suggestions of their customers to anything that can be enhanced. I would highly recommend Kareo to any practice that is just beginning or even to established practices looking for a radical change!

Kerry
May 26, 2011 @ 5:00 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have been using Kareo in my PT private practice for about 2 months now. The system is fantastic, and user friendly, even for someone like me who had no prior experience in this type of billing and practice management software. The cost is very reasonable, and it has saved me countless hours of claim preparation and filing time, as well as posting. It integrates well with WebPT digital documentation system, and the combination has eliminated our need for daily charge vouchers/super bills. Our claims are populated into Kareo as soon as the documentation is completed in our EMR program. This transition was easy, thanks to the superb implementation and support team at Kareo. Even after the end of our implementation period, the support is quite good, including web based tutorials, and very detailed user guides.
I highly recommend Kareo to anyone who wishes to streamline their medical practice by cutting down on redundant data entry, and speeding up their claims processing and claims collections!! THANK YOU , KAREO!!

Yaima Orozco
June 3, 2011 @ 8:44 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I had an extensive experience in using other billing software programs with my old employer. That experience was enough to convince me I needed a different option. I wanted a software that was more user-friendly, and took fewer keystrokes to accomplish critical tasks. I needed a software manufacturer that was more responsive than others I had dealt with, one who would solve my problems or answers questions in a day, rather than weeks. When I found Kareo I felt like it had everything I wanted in a software. Our claims get paid in less than 3 weeks. We love the real time insurance verification

Dina
June 9, 2011 @ 7:16 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo has been a breath of fresh air for our Practice. Our office was overpaying for so long for our previous EHR. We are now paying half the price for Kareo and getting much better results. Kareo interfaces with our new EHR, Practice Fusion, and it was simple to set up and easy to use/learn. I find it easier to e-mail Kareo if I have any questions or concerns, rather than call and I get a confirmation that they received the inquiry and they get back to me quickly. I would recommend Kareo to any Medical Practice/Billing Service.

Mike
July 14, 2011 @ 11:51 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo is by far the most efficient Billing system on the market. I have used a variety of billing systems for the last 9 years and find that Kareo's user friendly style makes doing medical billing alot more efficeint and cost effective. When doing colletions I have been easily able to pull A/R reports to let me know where my attention is needed and within the report able to navigate from one account to another which makes me able to work faster with out all the back tracking. handling Customer Service has also improved greatly. While previously using the Medisoft system I would continually freeze making me unable to assist patient in a timely fashion and forcing me to have to get a list of people to call back when the system became operational. Since our switch to Kareo over a year ago, I have not froze once and Customer Service has greatly imporved due to this. Way to go Kareo!

Dana
July 22, 2011 @ 4:38 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We have been using Kareo for 2 months now. Compared to our old system and clearinghouse it is 100% better. Easy to set up and such courteous and helpful customer service. I love how they make entering charges and posting payment so easy. I find new helpful information daily on Kareo. I would highly recommend anyone using any other billing system or clearinghouse to switch to Kareo. Great price and customer service.

Dorothy T
August 10, 2011 @ 8:11 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo has totally transformed the way we perform billing for our clients. When I first started my company over 11 years ago we had a server based software program. Every year we had to pay for an upgrade. What a costly product that was.  When I discovered Kareo 5 years ago, I was so pleased to find about all the capabilities it has.  Not only is the web based Software as a Service program convenient for both my providers and myself, but it is cost effective. I have never had to pay for an upgrade.

I have found that Kareo has made us a valuable asset to offices ranging from Chiropractic to Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery to Family Practice. The software is very versatile.  My clients are located from Florida to California.  They can look at their accounts 24/7.
I believe in accountability and transparency, because after all, this is the providers livelihood and if they cant look at their accounts at 3 am on a Sunday, there is loss of that accountability. Reports are great, but when the provider can actually see that something has been billed (or not) then it makes all the difference in the world to them.

We are able to offer our services, because of Kareo, to any provider in any state and feel confident that they will know that we are performing our best for them because of the transparency and versatility of the program.

Cheryl
August 25, 2011 @ 4:10 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We have been on Kareo for over 2 years now, and it has worked very well for our company. We have practices located around the country, and the greatest challenge we have had is communication, by us not having access to their schedule, and them not having access to the billing software. Having the Kareo platform has eliminated this problem, which has allowed for higher accuracy, and more timely billing, which increases revenue for all parties.

My other biggest challenge was trying to organize all of the scanned paperwork our out of state practices were sending to us; searching for a document was becoming increasingly time consuming for all of my staff. The Kareo system has achieved the level of organization for my company that I was hoping to find.

Andrew Bronstein,MD
September 2, 2011 @ 1:53 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I purchased an in office system for over 60k four years only to have the certified company go bankrupt on the second day of a two week install schedule.  I had no software, no refund. With Kareo's innovative approach I could take small steps, at. Great price before diving in.  Within 3 weeks we were up and running with no regrets.  We have had meaningful customer support and great return on our negligible investment.  They interface well with the PracticeFusion EHR (free) system as well.  A nice symbiotic solution.  The Internet based solution allows them to constantly update their system remaining relevant in the ever-changing billing arena.  We are very satisfied and recommend without hesitation!

Carol Chambers/Billing Mgr
December 16, 2011 @ 7:15 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo is the most clean and concise software I have worked with. It will fit any medical practice. We have been using it for over a year now.  The reporting options are endles.  It makes my job easier to be able to just run a report to get the data needed for the providers rather than having to manually extract and format.  I appreciate the ability it gives you to create you own parameters.  It is web based, allowing our providers and employees to access it from anywhere at anytime.  It is reasonable, straight to the point and we are now incorporating Practice Fusion along with it.  It is a godsend for the billers to be able to attach a report and send. They appreciate the tickler system for their follow-up and our number of days in A/R have been reduced by over 30%. They listen to suggestions and implement them in their updates. This is the software for the future.

Judy
January 13, 2012 @ 8:54 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

When we were "looking" for a billing system, one of the systems was for inhouse.  After looking at Kareo, it was decided that Kareo would be "our system" of choice.

It's been about two years now and there's no way that we'd go back to where we were.  

To know that our billing is done immediately is a mind reliever.  I have enough problems in the medical office without worrying about if my billing is going through or not.

It was, indeed, the best choice we made.

Cynthia Castro/Castro Consulting, LLC
March 28, 2012 @ 4:56 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo is a great 5010 ready, cloud base Practice Management System which is easy to use and inexpensive.  It provides everything and so much more than your server base systems that cost thousands of dollars upfront and more hide monthly/yearly cost.  This unique systems that was create with all the items that a practice needs, such as Scheduler, Encounter, Dash Board, Claims edits,  AR reports and most important Excellent customer service.  Many practices are hesitate when starting a new PMS but using Kareo you have complete control.  It allows your practice to be successful with the PMS and minimal downtime on your charge entry and payments are extremely quick.  I found Kareo EDI/ERA at least 1 1/5 weeks faster than other PM systems.

Kristy Ownbey
March 29, 2012 @ 5:08 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

If you are on the fence, and you don't know if you should implement Kareo in your office, take it from me, ITS THE BEST BUSINESS DECISION you'll make this year, if not this decade :)

Tana Cook
March 29, 2012 @ 5:27 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We signed up with Kareo several years ago when they first opened up to the public, and my review now compared to then is completely different. Where they lacked strength before, they now excel. In the areas where I feel they needed great improvement, they worked hard and were willing to make the necessary changes to offer a complete package to their clients.

Kareo is a company offering powerful practice management and medical billing software in addition to excellent customer service. They listen to their customers and update the software regularly (at no charge to us, I might add). When I have offered suggestions for improvement, they have listened and implemented what I have asked. They stay on top of the industry, so as changes occur, we are ready for what comes next and aren't left scurrying, trying to meet deadlines. Their integration with Practice Fusion EHR (free!) is a bonus we offer to our doctor clients. (We are a billing company.) Kareo offers continuing education and training to keep us current with the changing industry. Also, they have a range of services to meet the varying needs of the medical community.

I highly recommend Kareo. I don't know which we appreciate more: the impressive system or the excellent customer service.

Mindy
April 5, 2012 @ 6:12 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We needed a practice management software at an affordable price for a safety-net, nurse-managed clinic. The promised integration with Practice Fusion, was an important factor in my decision to seek approval from our university administration to go with Kareo.  The tracking of individual provider production and reporting functions are very important features in the work that I do.  Kareos support seems very generous.  When I compared it with other programs, Kareo costs us less than most support services contracts for products that also have a big upfront cost.

Nancy Nittler
May 2, 2012 @ 6:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes Kareo has worked for me!  I have 12 clients on Kareo at this time and have been a user since 2005.  I have been able to implement the PF and Kareo integration which has streamlined the billling process.

Dan Young
June 5, 2012 @ 6:23 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo is a great product for anyone, both the billing company and the single practice.

What I like about Kareo is the ease of use. The training modules can train anyone in using the software in just one day. The Find a Claim screen is so practical in finding claims, transferring claims, sending claims electronically, and printing claims. With practice, you can easily find your oldest claims without having to run a report, find your patient claims, or just about any category you need.

For a billing company, all of the clients are listed in one screen. Here you can see just how each client is doing with claims to send, rejected or denied claims, encounters for review, payments to apply and much more. From this client list you simply click on the client or the category you want to look at, and the page opens up. If you want to navigate to another client, you simply click on the little house in the upper left corner. You are back to the list of clients and it has been refreshed while you were away.

We have clients in several states, and it is like being in their back offices all at the same time. We control the security levels of the office staff, and train them via the modules on how to work in Kareo. Yep, Kareo is a great product for anyone, both the billing company and the single practice.

Brian Cafferty
June 9, 2012 @ 12:00 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

A great addition to Kareo and Practice Fusion is the ability to send appointment reminders, by call or text. Ntegrus Solutions has been doing this for over 2 years, for just pennies a reminder, and it works great. See www.Ntegrus.com or www.Facebook.com/Ntegrus.

Linda Brady
June 11, 2012 @ 6:44 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo has been so easy to work with.  It melds so easily with the Practice  Fusion software and makes submitting claims and following them through to completion very simple.  I love the 'No Response' notification as it helps  to remind me to go back and look at the claims and see if I have a problem before it snowballs.  I work from a home office for my company and the convenience of Kareo has been wonderful.

Becki
June 12, 2012 @ 2:13 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have been using Kareo since Jan of 2009 and have found it to be the one and only medical billing software I will use.  I found Kareo through a google search and have been so amazed at the ease of use.  It is so user friendly and I was up and running within 1 week of downloading Kareo onto my computers.  There are no contracts and no hassles.  Everyone is so helpful and they are always working on improvements to meet the changing needs of the industry.  I highly recommend Kareo for medical billing.

mppglobal
July 12, 2012 @ 1:34 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

What is kareo.I don't know about Kareo.Please explain it briefly feature and quality anyone!!!
Thanks for this..........:-)
[URL="http://www.mppglobal.com"]electronic billing [/URL]

Kelly Hansen
August 3, 2012 @ 4:13 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

When we first launched Icon Medical Billing, we knew our ability to succeed would be directly related to how well we serviced our clients. Every decision we made was viewed through this lens.  So when it came time to choose a billing platform, we wanted a solution that would be both powerful enough for us to efficiently manage our backend process while still incredibly easy for our clients to access- this was critical.  Years later, I can say the choice to use Kareo has been one of the most significant drivers of our growth. Our clients have such an easy time accessing information they need when they want.  On the backend, Kareo has allowed us to systematize many of our processes which has resulted in substantial gains in operational efficiency. In short, Kareo has allowed us to both provide excellent service to our clients as well as increase our firm's profitability!

Medical Data Specialists
August 27, 2012 @ 2:20 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Throughout my 30 years of Medical Billing experience, I have utilized multiple Medical Billing softwares and just could not find one with the Educational tools needed in the training of my staff! I purchased Kareo in November of 2011, and I will tell you by far Kareo has easily out preformed the other billing softwares functionality and users interfaces. This program offers everything needed by the Student, Administration, Business Office, Front Office, and Medical Staff! WOW!

Kareo is a company offers the Practice Management and Medical Billing software that everyone has been looking for!!! Not to mention their EXCELLENT Customer Service. Who could ask for anything more... I love this program, and would recommend it to everyone in need of or looking for the medical billing software program that will support the future of their medical practice!

Amber
September 5, 2012 @ 11:35 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We just got Kareo for our small psychiatrist office and it is amazing! It's very easy to bill claims and then bill patients for past due co-pays. Once you recieve your ERA its very simple to post the payment directly to the patient's account! We even got set up with InstaMed for credit card processing and they allow patients to pay us directly online. Affordable and great to have and would recommend to anyone!

Dr. Rick Astley
September 27, 2012 @ 2:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo helped birth my children and even informed me of their sales people going on fake forums and posting well articulated "inpersonation" stories on how Kareo worked for them. You'd think they have enough common sense to not prey on the medical community to make a buck but you were wrong.

Yeah other than that scum tactic, Kareo is the best. I am a very medical savvy person and I am telling you not to even look anywhere else for software but Kareo. They're never gonna give you up, let you down or run around and desert you. They're never gonna make you cry, say goodbye or tell a lie and hurt you.

Kareo is the cheapest, fastest, energy efficient, environmentally conscience,  mind blowingly huge return on investment so STOP LOOKING OTHER PLACES ALREADY AND CHOOSE US, I mean Kareo.

Joann
October 3, 2012 @ 5:06 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi Dr. Rick Astley,

Thank you for your creative post.  The stories and reviews seen here are from real customers and we appreciate them for sharing it.  We do agree with you on one thing though, people really should stop looking into other softwares and just choose Kareo.  We couldn't have said it better ourselves.

Best,

Joann Doan

Nancy
October 3, 2012 @ 7:32 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have been successfully using Kareo since 2005 and I would recommend Kareo for billing services.  I have found Kareo easy to use and especially easy to train on and I have trainined close to 100 people on it's use.  I rely on the reports and I can say that I am easily able to prove my numbers which is paramount to my billing service, I did not have the with one of Kareo's competitors which is why I made the change many years ago.  The practice Fusion Integration has enabled me to offer clients a free EHR which pushes the billing into Kareo which cuts down our days to bill.  Overall, I am happy with Kareo and I find that they are a progressive company and always looking to better Kareo.  Thank you

Ashley
October 4, 2012 @ 10:47 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Integrating Kareo into our clinic was one of the best business decisions I have ever made. The functionality of the system is incredible, and has cut the hours we had to spend manually entering EOBs tremendously. It now just takes a few clicks of the mouse to apply payments, deductible and copay information, and write-offs into the system. The implementation of Kareo was very easy. The webinars were incredibly helpful, and the customer support is very good.
Overall, our experience with Kareo has been amazing!

Jeniffer
October 5, 2012 @ 10:52 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I agree with Ashley! Kareo is an AMAZING product! We have used it in our Urgent Care center for over 3 years! We have never had a negative experience with the software. Reports are easy to run & discuss in last minute meetings, billing & payment posting is fast & easy, and adding new patients or updating existing patient records is also fast & easy as well. Kareo implementation was one of the best decisions we made for our practice.  We were paying Pr active Velocity an ridiculous percentage every month to utilize the SAME features we use everyday in Kareo. Kareo is beyond affordable and the smartest decision a practice manager can make for their practice!! You won't be sorry or disappointed with Kareo!

Kate
October 22, 2012 @ 2:20 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Using the Kareo system has been a game-changer for our practice! Previously, we were floundering in a home-made system created by someone who had no healthcare background. We had no way of tracking a claim from initiation to completion and were dependent on office personnel performing a long list of manual processes. Since we began using Kareo less than one year ago, we have significantly reduced our overhead related to scheduling and claims processing, we are receiving claims payments in as little as 5 days and are reaping the benefits of knowing trends and statistics through Kareo's superb built-in reporting.

pinkypinnie
November 3, 2012 @ 12:02 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

The Medical Transcription Services have been growing rapidly as they are much admired services in outsourcing industries. Many business and medical sectors reduce their work and cost by using medical transcription services.  The medical transcription services help us to transform medical dictation as text and also provides services for health facilities and facilitate the work of health professionals by saving their time and efforts to translate files reports for reference or for other need. These services are available in various types  as per their requirement. There are many advantages regarding these services such as it is quick and easy to transcribe, actual work efficiency, saving pricing, privacy of recorded data, maintaining highly accuracy.

Robin Kennedy
November 28, 2012 @ 8:37 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Haven Home Therapy signed up with Kareo about a month ago. After reading their website, I found it to  be similar to a program I used while working for a group of 75 cardiolgists in Dallas, Texas.The difference this tme is I would be setting it up rather than just a user and secondly, we were a group of 3. Immediately after signing up I was assigned a success coach..what a great title for her as she really does everything she can to make us successful. I watched the pre recorded webinars and started the set up process. We initially planned to use this as a practice management system only. I started with Haven Home about 9 weeks ago and found they were just using Quckvbooks to keep track of what was paid..no way to track whad not paid and what was owed. It did not take long for my success coach to talk me into a Clearinghouse and billing electronically. Prior to this I was using various portals for Medicare, Medicaid, Availity etc and would have to fill out patient info for each claim. Now all the patient info is stored and with one click it populates for me...I just enter charges,,,I know very quiickly if a claim will reject.

The Kareo customer service team has been there where I cannot reach my coach,,,,they have all been so helpful and informative,.

I would refer any small practice to Kareo...it will truly be the difference maker at our practice,

Barbara
January 5, 2013 @ 7:30 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Im Barb Witherspoon, a nurse practitioner with my own practice.  I practice primarily in nursing homes and do not have an office.  A year and a half ago, when I was setting up my practice, I made the decision to do my own billing.  Billing services in our area charge anywhere from 7-10% of collections, and I decided that this was a big chunk out of my earnings.

I have done medical billing for years, was an office manager before becoming an NP, had opportunities in the past to select billing systems.  I did this also as a medical practice consultant.  (I am also a CPA)

A physician friend told me about Practice Fusion, so I signed up for it.  Very nice having access to a no-cost EMR that includes e-scripts and access to lab records.  Practice Fusion mentioned that they are integrated with a billing software called Kareo, so I decided to check it out.  I had planned to look at a number of billing system options, but when I looked at Kareo, I didnt look any further.  It had everything I need, and the cost was great!

I have never once regretted my decision to go with Kareo, even volunteered to give this testimonial for them.

What do I like about Kareo?  Let me count the ways!!

The home page
The dashboard.  This is part of what you see when you log in to Kareo.  It shows some key indicators about the financial health of your practice in a concise presentation.  You can even drill down and see quarter-to-date and year-to-date data if you want to.
Icons across the top of the page and a list of options down the left side of the page that take you where you need to be with one click.

Electronic claims submission and direct deposit.
The majority of the payers to whom I submit claims have electronic claims capability through the clearinghouses accessed through Kareo.
Setting up ECS was fairly easy.  A little time-consuming at first, but Kareo walks you through it nicely.
If there are errors in your submissions, you get notification within 24 hours so you can fix them.
Payment posting with the electronic remittance advices takes only a few clicks.  I have yet to have an error with this process, too.
You get both ERAs and EOBs
I receive payment from Medicare, usually, within 2 weeks.
Direct deposit!  What part of not needing to go to the bank isnt great?!!

Patient financial records
Tabs at the top of the page for patient info, insurance info, accounts receivable  as well as alerts, documents, notes.  Easy to jump back and forth between them.
Ability to enter a lot of detailed information about each patient.  If you dont want to use all the fields, you dont have to, but theyre there if you need them.
Kareo helps with the zip code + 4 requirement.  I usually do not get the +4 of the zip code with patient information from the nursing homes.  BUT, when I enter the info into Kareo, a box pops-up.  It says that the system has found a zip + 4 for this address, and it asks if you want to use it.  Click on yes and it populates the fields for you automatically.  This feature is a huge time saver!  

Charge entry
Very straight forward, allows you to enter new patient data without getting out of the charge entry screen
Pre-populates several fields such as date of service once you have entered it, date of data entry, CPT codes used with the last charge entry.
Will notify you if you enter a CPT code that is incompatible with birth date or gender.
Allows you to check codes before finalizing the entry.  The system checks them for you and notifies you that there are no errors.

Support  I only signed up for the 30-day support option, because I felt I had enough billing experience that this was all I needed.  I had the option, however, to change my Kareo plan at any time.
Training videos were very helpful.  They walk you right through everything.  When I was doing my own training, I opened up Kareo, watched the videos, paused it as I went along, and entered data into my system as I went along.  It worked very well for me.
Training videos are available any time you need them.  Although I have been with Kareo for a year and a half, I recently needed to learn about something.  I just found the video, watched it, and I was good to go.  Really nice.
The support team is very nice, very helpful, and oh, so patient!  Call them all you want, and they will help.
Ongoing training.  You will get email notifications of training videos you can access.  Recent Webinar: Are You Ready for Transitional Care Management?  as an example.

Updates
From time to time you will log in to Kareo and have a pop-up that tells you that updates are available.  You can install them and go right back to your work.
Emails of monthly enhancements to Kareo
I have been pleasantly surprised at how frequently Kareo is updated.  I recall the older billing systems that I have used in the past, and it cost thousands of dollars to purchase and install the updates.  Kareo does all of this at no extra cost.  For me, this is a very big deal.

Reports  one of my very favorite features.  
For years I have used billing systems that have only a limited number of reports that could be run.  It always made no sense to me that, here is a big database of patient information, but it could only be accessed in limited ways.  No so with Kareo!
Reports are customizable.  The ones I use most frequently are those related to accounts receivable.  Aging reports, specific patient or insurance reports, even information about revenue from each practice setting.  But there any many others.

Patient statements  for $0.70 per statement, Kareo will send patient statements  postage and all.  Includes envelopes for returning mailing, too.

Cost  last but certainly not least.
No start-up costs!
No start-up costs!
NO START-UP COSTS!!  (I recall the days when purchasing a billing system meant $30,000 up front, extra cost for electronic claims submission, and very expensive updates.  Those days are long gone!)
Choices about the level of service you need.
Flexibility to change

In summary, I am a very happy customer, would choose Kareo all over again.  It has everything I need, and I appreciate its affordability very much.

julianna Madsen
January 9, 2013 @ 4:04 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

My company, Total Care Billing Solutions, LLC is a medical billing service in Atlanta, GA.  We have been using Kareo for the last two years and find it be extremely easy to use and the support is wonderful!  I researched many web-based platforms before deciding to go with Kareo for my Pediatrician's office.  The main reasons we chose Kareo were:  no cost to set up, affordable monthly plans to choose from and the user friendliness of the platform in general.  Oh, and the great webinars and training tools right at your fingertips to watch anytime!  We have been extremely happy with Kareo and now use it for multiple client accounts.  

Once you have several accounts on Kareo, I particularly like the summary on the home page of the action items laid out per office when you open up the application.  The reports are also very useful for tracking issues, pending claims, etc.  Our company could not function without the robust reporting tools.  

I plan to continue to use Kareo and to recommend it to any future prospective clients looking for a good application for billing.  I also recommend it because of the integration with Practice Fusion, a free, ad-based EMR.  Many clients feel that is a very good selling point.  Free EMR, why, yes, thank you!  

Thanks Kareo for your dedication to always improving the application and for your timely webinars and newsletters for the industry!

Tasha Johnson-Dotson
January 16, 2013 @ 1:57 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I'm a Billing Manager for Absolute Family Health in Bartlett, TN.

I have been using Kareo for almost a year and I love how all of the patients encounter information is sent from Practice Fusion. The demos and tutorials were very detailed and I trained students to watch and learn-nothing is left out. The previous software Office Ally wasn't efficient and didn't have as many great features or the price benefits.

In Kareo the e-claim scrubbing feature is great; I can correct and resend in the click of a button. I check the Payment Velocity to view A/P and A/R. The updates keep me current. ERAs posting saves time processing EOBs. Selecting criteria to view for reports is helpful, especially when inputting collections information. Contacting the customer support system through chat is one of my favorite features.  All of my questions are answered, no matter how many, and I dont sense impatience! I encourage anyone in the paper to electronic transition to use Kareo!

Teresa
January 21, 2013 @ 2:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I guess I'm one of those which did not have a good experience with Kareo.  The customer service is absolutely horrible.  I have been with Kareo for 6 months. I decided to go with Kareo because it was web-based and most of the review I read were good. It wasn't until I signed up for the service and started using it I began to suspect the reviews weren't so honest.  And once I read some of the information within the forum from people using Kareo and how many problems there were having that I realized what was advertised and what I purchased were not the same.  The worst thing of all is the customer service.  IT IS WORSE THAN ANY COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.  You get 30 days phone support for free, but after that if you want to talk to a person you have to pay an additional $200 a month on top of the monthly service fee.  Chat and email are free, but they do not reply to the emails at all.  Today I was in the chat queue for over 2 HOURS before getting to a chat representative.  When I did, as I began to read her poorly written instructions on how to fix an issue with my electronic claims she ended the chat session.  She wrote "due to inactivity I have to end this session" and immediately terminated the session.  I was inactive 15 seconds at the most.  Granted, this is the representative I had complained about 2 days prior. She could not answer my technical questions about reports, contracts and fee schedules.  So she told me there were other people in the chat session and I was using to much time.  I requested to talk to a supervisor.  When I got a call back from the supervisor about 5 hours later, she couldn't answer my technical questions either. I complained about the unprofessional treatment I'd received.  I was told I would get a call the next day with an answer to my questions and complaint.  Needless to say I never got that call.  When you combine the horrible customer service with simple issues they can't fix/offer like the ability to post negative payments, their inability to get payer names correct on clearing house reports, and the need to completely shut down to system to do a "upgrade" to fix some problem they are having is just more than I can deal with.  I'm in the process of finding a new service.  Do not sign up for Kareo.  You will regret it!!!

Julianna
January 21, 2013 @ 3:11 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am so sorry that you've had that experience!  I have been using Kareo for over two years on multiple accounts and I have not had any issues with my service.  If I need support help I typically use the "chat function" in the help and support area in the application so I can get my issue or question dealt with immediately.  None of my issues have ever been of any real major problem so I have been happy with the product to date.  And I continue to add more clients on my account b/c of the ease of use in setting up new accounts and ERAs for carriers.

Kareo Support
January 21, 2013 @ 4:11 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Teresa,

Wed like to apologize for the customer service experience you had.  Wed like to ensure you that the issues you mentioned are being addressed and a Kareo support representative will be contacting you shortly.  If there are any other questions or concerns we will be happy to go over them with you.

Kareo Support

Georgia Chappell
January 23, 2013 @ 11:50 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We had been using the same billing program for 10 years and even though it was updated every year, it had become incompatible with the newest version of Windows. Kareo's insurance billing program moved us seamlessly into the 21st Century, with their excellent customer service and tech support, we are filing electronic claims and getting paid by insurance companies within 10 days. We are now able to check eligibility and claims status electronically which has freed us from hours wasted by calling insurance companies. Kareo's program is easy to learn and is user friendly. Their instructional videos are very helpful and have helped us learn how to efficiently increase our revenue with the use of their program. I would highly recommend Kareo's insurance billing program.

Anastasios Michalopulos
February 1, 2013 @ 2:17 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

As an organization providing therapy to hundreds of children weekly, we needed an effective web-based system and company that could handle our billing needs.  We chose Kareo because of their fully secured web-based billing system, which allows us to manage claims while traveling and providing home-based therapy.  Kareo has a competitive flat fee, and I know very well that other companies are adding additional fees for standard services, such as customer service, software updates, and training. We have seen an increase in collections by 8% during our first month of use and we anticipate a 20-25% increase in our third month.  Ease of claim submission and claim tracking have cut down on our overall work load, allowing the system to do most of the leg work.  Kareo is fully integrated into our EHR, allowing us to focus on quality services and not on claims.   Kareo has world-class customer service and a state of the art interface.   I highly recommend Kareo to all medical professionals.

Barbara
February 2, 2013 @ 8:41 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Your experience is so different from mine that it almost makes me think that you are talking about another company and not Kareo.  When I initially signed up, I opted for only 30 days of support.  Did I get put on hold?  Yes, but for a very brief period of time only.  And even after those initial 30 days, I called a couple of times more, and they helped me anyway.  I also used the chat feature and always got the help I needed.  I love Kareo and would choose it all over again.

Robert Osheroff
February 2, 2013 @ 3:56 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I would recommend Kareo as your medical billing service for many reasons. Above all, the customer service is excellent. Questions or concerns are usually answered the same business day. I also am very pleased with the Kareo software. The learning curve is very fast and with just one training session, you can be up and running. I feel that even though I have a small practice and dont bill as much as others, Kareo cares about my concerns and is always willing to listen. By using Kareo, I have been able to maximize my billing and receive the most reimbursement I am allowed. Kareo has helped me to bill more accurately. They reduce my rejected claims, which makes reimbursements received in a more timely manner. I can say without a doubt if you give Kareo a try, youll become a Kareo user

Neeraj Jain
February 5, 2013 @ 12:43 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo offered series of training seminars that answered all our questions  basic and intelligent. Their support was and still is remarkable. When it comes to resolving clients issue, I always found them by me as a small startup would expect. The support team is not only equipped well but they have a great patience to listen to your problems and then help resolve it.

We recommend Kareo highly for it great customer/support services, efficient systems, connectivity with popular payment gateways, and keeping us worry free with reasonably priced product that serves all our business needs.

Kelli Wallace
February 5, 2013 @ 7:19 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

The billing portion are Kareo is outstanding.  It has streamlined my AR time and made filing claims more efficient.  I love the internal validation report and the check eligibility button.  These two alone save me hours on the phone.  For customer support I have used the chat feature, email and phone; I have had success with all three.  I have used and reused the webinars whenver I need a tune up or to learn a new feature.  I would recommend the program to anyone.

Sandra Durant
February 20, 2013 @ 7:34 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

From the point of installation of Kareo, I've been more than happy!  Even though I didn't really review a lot of the videos or tutorials in the beginning, it was so easy to get started!  In just a few short weeks, I have over 100 existing patient demographics entered, all patient balances from our old system inputted and recent charges entered!  Sending claims and posting payments has never been simpler!

The reporting function is out of this world!  To actually whittle down the information to what you need and eliminate data you don't need is such a time-saver!

I highly recommend Kareo for anyone looking for a complete, easy-to-use system!

Dave S
February 22, 2013 @ 8:59 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

As a small billing company manager (one focused exclusively on small privately owned physical therapy practices), Ive been using Kareo for quite some time.  There are so many great reasons that I use them, however, Im going to focus on the top three right now.  
First and foremost, Kareo provides me with a system that is seamless and transparent.  My clients have real-time access to their information and reports, and I have a system that is simple, intuitive, and straightforward to manage.  
Second, Kareo support is great, and they are constantly improving and developing the system to further enhance the features available to me and my clients.  Their relentless quest to provide such a fine system, and their responsiveness when I need assistance, provide me with strong confidence for managing the billing operation for all of my clients.
Third, Kareo is a true partner in medical billing.  Whether a practice does their own billing, or uses a service like mine, all Kareo subscribers have access to timely and beneficial educational webinars with experts from all areas of healthcare.  In addition, Kareo offers fantastic system training, reference materials, and advance planning updates on the innovate changes that are coming in the future.
All in all, in my opinion, Kareo is a perfect solution for any size practice, of any specialty, that wants to have an end-to-end billing and practice management system.

Michael
February 24, 2013 @ 11:47 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Just this week Kareo started giving out free EHR; that is not from goodness of their heart. They also got 20.8 million dollar in investor capital.
The also just started a billing company.
They can charge as low as 3%, all of you guys who are using them are fair game for them.
I don't know how much you charge but it is most likely more than 3%. They outsource the billing to India for 1%, I know the rates in India they must get even better rates.
Nice little profit, no brainer.
The doctors are stressed out about costs, your replacement at cheaper rates (referred by you) is Godsend for them.
As a billing company you have to be an idiot to work with them; you might as well hand over your clients to them.
Some people still don't get the picture.

Taso
February 25, 2013 @ 8:09 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Michael you have been misinformed. All of Kareo's RCM is California at the Kareo head quarters and I am a very satisfied customer.  They have been a pleasure to work with and very professional.  This is night and day difference vs my past experience with companies running medical billing from their homes. Home billing people, in my experience, has been a waste of time, money and resources.  I LOVE KAREO and wish I had found them sooner.  Premeditated Defacement of a company or person subjects you to possible litigation.  It is in your best interest to provide credible sources and links of your attempt to deface Kareo.

Michael
February 27, 2013 @ 7:51 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Defacement? Yeah right ! You must be a brain surgeon.
On January 10, 2013 they got private investment of 20.8 million dollars, these investors are not charitable trust. They want their return and quick.
On January 15, 2013 Kareo started billing services at 4%; look up their website. On February 20,2013 they started giving out " free " EHR. Is it really free, if you believe that then you must also believe in tooth fairy. That is a ploy to steal customers from anywhere they can find.
Every single major billing company including the biggest Athena Health outsources to India; the fact that only an ignorant person who dropped in from Mars would not know. Let me repeat every major billing company outsources to India, Kareo is no exception.
I am happy to give my address, you know where the Court is either put up or shut up. You don't have a clue how big business works.

Amelia
March 3, 2013 @ 11:15 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Michael, I'm so glad you said something. I might not agree with everything but I must say all the rating about Kareo all over the internet from download.cnet.com, softwareadvice.com and this website, THE REVIEW IS A JOKE and FAKE. They gotta be smarter to use their own employee to posted the review. Most of these review posted are similar time period and all praising how great the product is; any software product even Apple or Microsoft there will be positive & negative review..KAREO review are all 4-5 starts!!! You guys are idiot, be smarter next time if you gonna lie. Thank you.

Linda Brady
March 12, 2013 @ 3:25 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am the biller for Chandler Physical Therapy in Chandler, Arizona.

We opened our practice a year ago and found Kareo to be our best option at the time.  This opinion has never changed. From the beginning, we were given help whenever necessary including a 'success coach' who was our personal trainer as we learned. The training videos go over the steps for processing and your coach walks you through any questions. I recently had a problem with a patient and was walked through the corrections I needed to make in the program so we could be reimbursed. We don't subscribe to the extended phone support but I've found if there is something that needs handling, you WILL get to talk to support.  They are concerned about their product meeting the needs of their clients.   I've had experience with different programs through previous clinics I worked for and I know I wouldn't want to have to go back.  I love Kareo!

Robert
March 19, 2013 @ 12:13 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Michael,  I am sorry that you feel this way and have such negative comments about Kareo.  In the 6 months I have been a user, I have nothing but good things to say. I have used other billing services in the past and in comparison I am very pleased with the their services.  You definitely have a right to your opinion however but I can honestly say that I am very happy that I found them.

Maria
March 19, 2013 @ 11:33 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We are a single doctor private practice and we were using an outside billing service that we were not happy with.  Our doctor found Practice Fusion and we were then introduced to Kareo.  We made the decision to bring billing in-house.  Now, I'm not a biller, so I was very nervous about this change, but the combo of Practice Fusion and Kareo made it possible for me to get things transferred and set up.  With the additional duties though I needed some help with follow up on claims.  We hired a billing company who also utilized Kareo and it was just perfect.  The feature I like best about our new system is the ability to have full access to our billing data.  Now we have a hybrid system where we process the bill into Kareo from within our office and then once in the Kareo system we turn it over to our two fabulous billers, Cynthia and Kelly with Broadleaf Health Midwest, and they do the rest.  There is complete transparency and we work together as a team, it is so efficient.  With Kareo, we now have a better system, we are more informed, and we pay less for a better service.  It is the first time in the 10 years that I've worked here that I can say I'm happy with our billing system.

Michael
March 25, 2013 @ 11:05 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You don't need Practice Fusion anymore, Kareo has their own EHR system. Kareo and PF got a divorce.
Kareo advertises all over the web, it pays for shills on all forums.
All the shills fail in telling us, how is Kareo better than say Advanced MD or Medi touch or a hundred other PM and EHR. Most of whom are integrated much better than Kareo was with PF.
Almost all other systems mentioned are cheaper than Kareo.
Someone is to pay for all those shills, and all that advertising, and it is the customer.

laura kessler
April 1, 2013 @ 3:03 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo is an amazing program with so many easy to use features. I work for a very busy medical billing office and we were recommended to use Kareo for its simplicity and user friendly features. The great part is that it is web based and there are no hidden fees on your monthly statement. Its so easy to submit claims with just a click of a button. No more creating files and uploading them to a clearinghouse, Kareo does that for you. Also, you can send patient statements as easy as 123. You are billed a flat rate and all the statements are sent automatically with a professional invoice to our patients. We love it. I have already recommended Kareo to a few of our providers and have signed up two. I will continue to do so.

m koziol
April 16, 2013 @ 10:59 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo's support staff have exceeded our expectations in customer service. The program is very user friendly and is a web based program so it can be accessed anywhere. Our billing turnaround is about 17 days which is a huge improvement from our last billing company. I would definitely recommend Kareo to any office who needs quick, accurage billing assistance.

Arun
April 16, 2013 @ 2:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I started my own practice from scratch just a little under a year ago.  As a solo practitioner, I had to keep costs contained yet be efficient at the same time.  Kareo allowed me to do both.  I looked at various EMRs and billing systems.  In the end, I decided on Practice Fusion which integrates well with Kareo.  With Kareo, I felt that the setup process with insurance companies and the clearinghouse was seamless.  The Implementations Team was great in helping me navigate through the various features as a Kareo newbie.  Once I got my feet wet and became more adept at using Kareo, they let me venture into the deeper waters on my own, still knowing that I had the support staff by my side if I ever needed it.  Some of the features of Kareo that I especially like include the pay-as-you-go model (so that I never feel tied down), ERAs (makes posting payments very easy), running reports using various variables, and sending patient statements through Kareo with a click of the mouse.  And I can access Kareo at home or in the office too--24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Here I am, almost a year out, very happy with my decision to have chosen Kareo and glad I didn't waste my time and money on other billing services.

Michael
April 20, 2013 @ 3:24 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I find it hard to believe, who is paying these shills?
Every EHR and PM platform is on the web now.
Non web systems have gone out with horse and buggy.
Kareo and Practice Fusion have gotten a divorce.
There are numerous systems better and cheaper. Just look around.
Nuesoft, totalmd,collaboratemd to name a few; all are about half the price and integrate with Practice Fusion which is free.
At least these shills should know the market.

Christina
April 30, 2013 @ 10:38 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

To all you Practice Fusion and Kareo users out there: Have you had any issues or problems with using 2 separate systems (for example, conflicting demographic data, conflicting insurance data,  double entry of data, etc.)  ? Also, how do you deal with not having an integrated appointment book? Which appointment book do you use and why? I would like to use the Kareo appointment book, which makes it easier to check outstanding balances and eligibility, which is critical to running a small office. However, that means that the doctor would not have the appointment book in PF as he sees patients throughout the day (unless staff recopied it every day, which would be a big time waster.) For these reasons, we are thinking of going with the Kareo EHR also, which would integrate with the practice management system. I WOULD REALLY, REALLY APPRECIATE HEARING FROM ANYONE ON WHETHER THE LACK OF TOTAL INTEGRATION BETWEEN THE 2 SYSTEMS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM. thanks so much.

Kathy Mahan
May 15, 2013 @ 7:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

To share a few comments about Kareo.   I have used Kareo for more than 6 years and have been so please with the ease of use, the incredible support staff and the superiority of the product.  Kareo is by far the best "cloud based" medical software product on the market. I do not understand why anyone looking to increase their financial bottom line and have the most accurate medical billing wouldn't purchase Kareo.  Give a try you won't be disappointed.

Diane Bell
June 5, 2013 @ 3:36 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have used Kareo for over 10 years and consider Kareo an asset to any type of practice.  As a former medical billing company owner, I found Kareo to be efficient, affordable and user friendly.  From a business perspective Kareo added profit directly to my bottom line.  Its application and ease of training created tremendous labor savings, improved productivity and provided a stable web based platform.  Over the years I have watched Kareo grow.  The company has continued to invest in its product and makes the necessary required improvements and enhancements to its software package. The added value of a free EHR  makes Kareo a leader  in the software market.  Today, I work as an independent contractor and am still using Kareo.

Vandana Jain
June 7, 2013 @ 1:55 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Kareo is Fast and Simple. I love the way ERA posting is done with few clicks.
Live Chat support is incomparable along with its inbuilt billing features. Kareo Rocks!

Leoma Cuffy-Jackson
July 15, 2013 @ 6:29 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

"I without hesitation recommend Kareo
to my providers because of the exceptional service they provide.  I've used many Practice management programs but none can come close to Kareo; its user friendly and offers superb customer service. Kareo also offers personal Coaches who are with you every step of the way and they will also call to check up on your progress.. Kareo is always ready to serve!"

Medical Billing Solutions
St. Croix,Virgin Islands
Leoma Cuffy-Jackson

Michele O'Connell-Fujii
September 14, 2013 @ 10:58 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I don't know how we lived without Kareo.  When I first started managing Pinnacle Acupuncture, all of the billing was outsourced, which was great when there was no administrative staff to back up the providers.  I decided to take control and bring the billing in-house to save money and to be able to communicate with patients efficiently and in a timely manner.  I had very little billing experience before starting with Kareo.  Cari Sparks, my Kareo coach, walked me through everything from the installation, setting up the Clearinghouse to sending out my first claim and patient statement.  She was extremely helpful and made the transition smooth and actually exciting.  Now we bill for 4 acupuncturists, sending out hundreds of claims a week and getting reimbursed and sending patient statements.  Billing has become easy, simple and if I ever need help the Kareo staff is just a phone call away!

debbie sullivan
October 24, 2013 @ 9:07 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

My  name is Debbie Sullivan and I am the founder and CEO of DR Medical Billing and Consulting, LLC in New Jersey.  I opened my company over 3 years ago to offer billing and consulting services to small struggling medical practices.  Our company is unique as we allow the practices to continue using their current practice management systems, we just become an extension of there office as their offsite "billing department".  I noticed, after meeting with several older smaller practices, several offices were still using the old ledger system, using google calendar to make appointments, their clearinghouse to submit claims and quickbooks to keep track of payments.  Not a very good system!!!  I began the task of finding an easy to use, all-in-one, affordable solution and I found it with kareo.

Kareo is very user friendly and easy to teach... my offices were blown away with how easy it was to implement and to use. It made their lives so much easier.  Instead of 4 different systems they only had to log into one and all the providers really like the reports they could easily print on demand.  One of my Geriatric docs is impressed that he is able to log-in and get patient phone numbers to call them from anywhere to give them test results or check in on sick patients.

I currently  work with 11 different practice management systems, but I always recommend Kareo to practices that have out dated systems or none at all.  Out of all the systems we use Kareo is the most user friendly, easy to implement, affordable, great customer support, and has the best reports on demand.  

I highly recommend Kareo to anyone in need of a great practice management system!!

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc