Medical Billing Coding - organize-structure question, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine


General Medical Billing Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: organize-structure question
Topic Originator: Mark
Post Date September 5, 2012 @ 5:34 PM
organize-structure question

September 5, 2012 @ 5:34 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I do billing for physical therapy offices but now I was asked to help with organize-structure question. I need your consultation with such situation.
There is SPA (Cryotherapy Chamber) mostly cash business and they want to work with chiropractor and accept medical insurances.
Question is: it has to be a new corporation registered or just contract with chiropractor enough? Billing should be under TaxID SPA .
In case of necessity to register a new corporation chiropractor has to be one of shareholder? or again, he will work under contract? Or only chiropractor can open such office himself?
Pennsylvania location.
Very sorry for probably stupid questions but I never faced with it.
Thank you for time.

September 6, 2012 @ 7:13 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You's be better forming an LLC. create a formal officer board with the chiropractor as managing member.  You can do an LLC cheaply online.  Contact the Pennsylvania Department of Health for a medical license.  Obtain a county and city occupational license.  Get a federal tax id number from the internal revenue service.  Get a contract with Aetna, Anthem, united.  get your NPI number from Medicare.  File paperwork with Pennsylvania Medicaid.  To make it legal make the chiropractor owner of the company.  On opening day, offer pony rides, rent a huge balloon, get a big banner that says grand opening, have coupons for discounts, have hot dogs and hamburgers for the kids.  Have the Medicare patients invite their friends for deep discounts.  Also huge discounts for cash patients and referral fees for their friends with insurance or Medicaid.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc