Medical Billing Coding - First job, chirotouch, rhit cert -billing problems, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine

Billing-Coding.com

(FORUM HOME)

General Medical Billing Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: First job, chirotouch, rhit cert -billing problems
Topic Originator: Max
Post Date May 1, 2014 @ 5:59 PM
First job, chirotouch, rhit cert -billing problems

Max
May 1, 2014 @ 5:59 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hello, so here's a brief summary. I just got my RHIT cert, and got a position as a CA in a chiropractic office. The current CA has no experience, they just updated the software to Chirotouch, a few months ago. They are getting letters from insurance co left and right denying claims. We never covered this stuff in my billing classes. Anthem states our NPI is incorrect, I verified in Availity, it's correct. Not sure where to go from here. Cigna states they are missing the deemed necessity status, I faxed the E/M to them, now they state they need to verify primary insurance coverage. Which, Cigna is the secondary, so we already billed the primary. I take this notice as they have sent a letter to the patient asking to let them know they have a primary and who it is. any advice? please help thanks.

felip
May 30, 2014 @ 4:15 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I think you might have billed with individual NPI if your practice has group NPI please bill with group NPI and patient has to answer about other insurance information hence please bill to patient

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc