General Medical Billing Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: facility billing
Topic Originator: Dana Ellis
Post Date August 5, 2006 @ 11:48 AM
facility billing

Dana Ellis
August 5, 2006 @ 11:48 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have a consultant telling me that I need to use SU modifier instead of SG for the pain management billing we are doing/facility portion.  I put the doctors charges on the HCFA and the facility on a UB92...anyone familiar with the use of the SU modifier and what it applies to?  It is a freestanding facility ASC, not connected with any hospital or other enity.

Debra M
August 6, 2006 @ 8:21 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

got this off a search engine, hope it helps....i dont do asc billing so really don't know myself either......i just typed in "modifier su" in the search engine.  There are more, but i just copied/pasted the first one.

-SU Procedure performed in physician's office (to denote use of facility and equipment)  For Commercial products only: Effective June 1, 2004, Regence BlueShield of Idaho will reimburse for eligible surgical suite charges performed in physician office only when billed with modifier -SU. Reimbursed at billed charge or the Surgical Suite allowable, whichever is less.
For HealthSense 65 products only: CMS does not allow additional reimbursement for surgical suite services.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc