General Medical Billing Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: injection clinic and code 96372
Topic Originator: shirlene meernik
Post Date April 8, 2015 @ 10:11 AM
injection clinic and code 96372

shirlene meernik
April 8, 2015 @ 10:11 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

It has been suggested that we start an injection clinic for our patients requiring injected psychiatric medications because primary care physicians are reluctant to provide them. I am completely unfamiliar with this idea and have no idea if this is something we can provide and then be reimbursed for. The clinic would be operated in our ECT clinic which is a department of psychiatric facility where we provide eCT both as inpatient and outpatient.

Patients would be responsible for bringing their own medication to us and we would provide the supplies and administer the drug. There would not be an E/M service included, just the injection by an RN.

The code suggested is 96372. Is this the correct code for us to use? From what I read it requires direct supervision and while a physician is present on site he/she would be on a patient care unit and not in the ECT department. This would not seem to satisfy the direct suepervision requirement.

If we can do this service what do we need to be aware of, what documention is needed to support the service and anything else needed to get reimbursed. I feel totally out of my league with this question and would very much appreciate guidance.

Thanks.

Karen
December 6, 2016 @ 2:20 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Did you ever get an answer on this question? in our experience 96372 is what we have billed but it has not been paid on. If you have found a different solution please share.

Tiffany Lanz CCS
December 29, 2016 @ 7:51 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We do injections only by nursing, its coded 96372 most Medicaid and private insurances will not pay for just the 96372. I would check with your insurance reps.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc