EM Coding: Are you losing dollars?
WHEN: Thursday, Oct 25th
CEU*: AAPC (1) & PMI (1)
Jimmie Hebert, CMC, CMIS, CMOM
She is a Certified Medical Coder (CMC), a Certified Medical Office Manager (CMOM), and a Certified Medical Insurance Specialist (CMIS). Additionally, she has special expertise in the areas of human resource management and patient advocacy.
It seems as though EM Coding has gotten more and more confusing over the past few years. You may find yourself 'racking your brain' over which code to choose. This conference will help take the guess work and aggravation out of choosing the category of Evaluation and Management Service for the work your physician has performed. You will get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions for issues such as:
* New vs. Established patient
* Consultation vs. Referral
* Inpatient Admissions
* Who pays for Anticoagulant Management Services?
* Preventive Services
* Can your physician bill for ER services?
* What does Medicare have to say about 'no shows'?
* Are you taking advantage of the Welcome to Medicare Physical Exam benefit and What does the OIG say about them?
* When does 'time' come into play with code selection?
* Care Plan Oversight Services which are often ignored.
These topics and much more will be discussed. EM Coding is on the Top 10 list of concerns for medical practices these days. To be sure you are getting every dime your practice is legally entitled to you have got to be at the top of your game! This conference will help you achieve that goal.