General Medical Billing Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Hicf 1500
Topic Originator: Leslie
Post Date October 3, 2007 @ 11:55 AM
Hicf 1500

Leslie
October 3, 2007 @ 11:55 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have a question about submitting paper claim to Medicare on HICF 1500 form. I have been told by Medicare rep that field 32 must be blank if it is the same address as in field 33. However claim has been denied for missing info. I spoke to another rep and she told me that I have to indicate address only and leave 32a and 32b blank.
What is the proper way of it?

Ken
October 3, 2007 @ 3:40 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hum.........
It seems to be you need all the content in HCFA form:
Depends upon Medicare they require in box 32 name & address where the service render. 33, NPI a, Medicare id b. 24 J Medicare id or npi
please make a note for the evaluation and management service claim are based on refferal, check whether in box 17 a & b reffering prov name entered or not...................

Steve Verno
October 3, 2007 @ 4:12 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Without knowing what Medicare states was missing, we can only guess and we can't respond to guesses.  Try and ask them what was missing.

You can go to www.nucc.org for the instruction manual for the new CMS 1500 form.

Hollie
October 9, 2007 @ 11:34 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

have a question about submitting paper claim to Medicare on HICF 1500 form. I have been told by Medicare rep that field 32 must be blank if it is the same address as in field 33. However claim has been denied for missing info. I spoke to another rep and she told me that I have to indicate address only and leave 32a and 32b blank.
What is the proper way of it?

Field 32 is where the service was performed, dr office, hospital, pt dept, etc. Field 33 is where to send payment. If you work at the dr office and it is the same address it goes in both places. If our physicians performs surgery at the hospital and we bill place of service 21-inpatient the Address in field 32 is the hospitals address and our address is in block 33. Our performing provider address (32) is also different then our payment address (33). Our providers address(32) is the street address and our payment address(33) is a po box, even though we are in the same physical location. We have had no problems, and we are a large practice 17+ physicians and 7 locations. hope this helps.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc