New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Florida - Dental Insurance
Topic Originator: Sugan
Post Date August 12, 2008 @ 1:18 AM
Florida - Dental Insurance

Sugan
August 12, 2008 @ 1:18 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Good Day !!

I have to Enroll a Doctor in all Dental - Insurances in Florida.   He is going to start his Practice.  I have not handled Dental Billing in Florida before.   Can anyone guide me to find a List of Insurances that covers Dental in the State of Florida?

I have searched the website and have found about "15" Insurances.... but Just not sure whether there would be some-more insurances also?   We Plan to have the Enrollment done before Doctor starts with his Practice.   Just want to ensure that I do the Enrollment for all the Insurances, especially the Major ones.....

Any help in this regard would be appreciated...

Thanks...  Sugan

steve verno
August 12, 2008 @ 7:54 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I found 19 of them

I might suiggest becoming fmiliar with Florida Statute 466

JUst fyi:I found after living here, Florida is a good old boy state and dont plan on getting help from anyone when you experience problems. Whats a good old boy?  

Watch Rainmaker (about HMOs and their good old boy system) or Porkys (Just good old d boys)

Cred
August 12, 2008 @ 4:30 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I have found, when credentialing a new provider in a geographic area other than my own, is to research who the largest employers are, then research who they contract with to cover their employees' dental needs.  To find the largest employers, you can ask your client, look up the Chamber of Commerce website, etc.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc