New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Home Health Cert billing
Topic Originator: Margaret
Post Date February 3, 2009 @ 1:20 PM
Home Health Cert billing

Margaret
February 3, 2009 @ 1:20 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi
Ive been asked to help a GP with his billing problems. I think I need a magic wand! :) He does a lot of certification and re certification of Home Health. He tells me the codes he used are being denied now. They were G0179 and G0180. Does anyone here know the codes he should be using for certification and recert? I don't do HCPCS billing ever and don't have a book although Ive convinced him to order one. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

sadie
February 4, 2009 @ 10:36 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Margaret,

G0179 for recert and G0180 for cert are the correct codes, Is there and explanation as to the reason the claims are being denied?? The insurance company should give a reason why they are not being paid and with that information I may be able to help more.

Margaret
February 9, 2009 @ 8:45 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

He is pulling the rejections for me. I will update after I review them this evening. Thanks!

FRANCES SANDOVAL
February 18, 2009 @ 11:42 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Margaret,
I always bill out for plan of care G0181 regardless of recert or new.
I bill out 130.00 and make sure place of service is office.

diana
February 18, 2009 @ 6:44 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi,
I find that Medicare and commercial plans normally pay these claims but Medicaid and Medicaid HMO's do not.

diana
February 18, 2009 @ 6:44 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi,
I find that Medicare and commercial plans normally pay these claims but Medicaid and Medicaid HMO's do not.

isabel
March 1, 2009 @ 5:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

how do you set up the home health company , do I include their info on the medicare billing

lori
April 14, 2009 @ 9:47 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

These are the correct hcpcs codes. I don't have my books at home, so I hope this makes sense.  Make sure the referring provider is your doc, the center box at the bottom of the form is the patient's address or where the patient was for service.  POS is 11. Also you need to put the NPI of the home health or hospice organization in the certification box.  I never have problems getting paid for these, so I hope this helps.  I definitely used to have many problems, so I totally understand your frustration.

KB
May 8, 2009 @ 11:36 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

the other issue is some of the new carriers are not up to par on all codes and there LCD's. I call it denial by the dozen. The other issue is the codes can only be billed once during the time period approved. Was the home nurseing approved?
Serveral questions with this one.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc