Medical Billing Coding - Hospital based Rehabilation Unit Billing, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine


General Medical Coding Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Hospital based Rehabilation Unit Billing
Topic Originator: Suresh Reddy
Post Date February 5, 2009 @ 7:55 AM
Hospital based Rehabilation Unit Billing

Suresh Reddy
February 5, 2009 @ 7:55 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi ,

Can some help me on Hospital Based-Rehabilation unit billing.
Example - a patient in the hospital,i.e., regular ipatient after 2weeks same patient trans to Rehabilation unit.

Can i use established codes(IP) 99231 to 99233 or there is any other codes.

Suresh Reddy

February 27, 2009 @ 5:57 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes, if the rehab unit is considered in-patient then you would continue to ue the inpatient follow up codes.  However, remember to change your place of service code from 21 to 61 to show the services are taking place in an inpatient rehab.

Hope this helps

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc