New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: E Priscription
Topic Originator: Richa
Post Date March 3, 2009 @ 10:00 PM
E Priscription

Richa
March 3, 2009 @ 10:00 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hi All,

I want to know how to bill E priscrition code for MEdicare patients.
Is there is billed amount for G8443,G8445 and G8446 or it is only for reporting pupose without any billed mount.And MEdicare will give bonous or Incentive at the end of the year depending on how many type G codes are being reported.

Thanks
Richa

Bev
March 4, 2009 @ 2:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes, the G codes for E prescribe reporting are $0 charge.  You have to report at least 50% of all your Medicare billing for the entire year to qualify for the bonus.  The G codes have to be billed at the same time as the office visit to count.  

All my docs are doing it now and it is going very well.  Please let me know if you have further questions I might be able to help with.

richa
March 4, 2009 @ 8:56 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Thanks Bev,

So we do have to add 25 modifier for EM service billed with G code?

Thanks
Richa

jenna
March 10, 2009 @ 9:23 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

No, you don't need to use modifer 25 as these are informational codes only.

Renee
March 13, 2009 @ 10:10 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We are also reporting the G codes for the e-rx.  We however have to place a fee of 1 cent as our clearinghouse cannot seem to transmit a $0.00 line item.  When we get the eob back from Medicare we simply write off the 1 cent (it comes back denied as provider responsibility) and we get a denial code "for reporting purposes only".  Along with reporting it on 50% or more of your e/m office claims, at least 10% of a professionals total Medicare Part B allowed charges must be from the E-Prescribing approved CPT qualifying codes. We will be a bit close   on this as we also bill for dialysis and hospital services.  We report it on every single office visit we can.  We will see at the end of the year if we had enough in office visits to make 10% of the total of everything. (Fingers crossed).  If you are able to meet the reqirements, you will get a bonus of 2% of your TOTAL Medicare Allowed charges.  Hope this helps.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc