General Medical Coding Forum

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Surgical Oncology
Topic Originator: Darlene
Post Date May 25, 2006 @ 6:37 AM
Surgical Oncology

Darlene
May 25, 2006 @ 6:37 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I need any information on billing for Surgical Oncology. Please call Darlene 810-793-4234  or email me @ dmcbill55@yahoo.com.
Thank You
Darlene

Nicolette Winnen, CPC
May 26, 2006 @ 10:48 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

What type of surgical oncology?  I may be able to help you.

Darlene
May 29, 2006 @ 3:36 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I'm not sure! I have appointment with a general surgery, oncology surgery on June 6th. I just need any information and what codes and modifiers they possibly use and then I can do so more research and be prepared for my meeting ! If you want to send me your email or phone I will call you. I appericate any help I can get!
Thank You,
Darlene

nicolette winnen
May 29, 2006 @ 4:03 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I will return to work on Wednesday, my number 949-437-9042.  In the meantime, research staged procedure modifiers; rules governing ICD-9 and coding primary site versus metastisis.  Review your debulking codes in the CPT manual.  Review line placement, in specific, PICC line for chemotherapy.  Also take a look at your ICD-9 V codes in relation to personal history and family history of malignancy.  There are also V codes for post op care and receiving chemotherapy.  

Remember the global period and E&M visits that are not related to the primary surgery.  Review co-surgeon and consultation rules.

I hope this helps.  I hope that I can talk to you too.  Good luck!

Melissa
May 20, 2014 @ 9:30 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Need help with surgical oncology billing ASAP. We are having problems with how we should code and what modifiers to use.

Melissa
June 19, 2014 @ 9:05 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Really need help with surgical oncology billing regarding modifiers. Can someone please email me at melissa.soac@gmail.com. Thanks

Marybeth
August 11, 2014 @ 10:50 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Whats your question? I have extensive background in Oncology coding and billing

Marybeth

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc