Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: I AM AFRAID
Topic Originator: YOLANDA
Post Date March 8, 2009 @ 8:21 PM
I AM AFRAID

YOLANDA
March 8, 2009 @ 8:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I AM THE DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL RECORDS DEPARTMENT AT A LONG TERM CARE FACILITY. I REALLY WANT TO GET A BACHELORS DEGREE IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT, BUT WITH NO EXPERIENCE IN BILLING AND CODING I DO NOT WANT TO WASTE MY TIME. IT IS HAR TO GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR WITHOUT ANY EXPERIENCE. ANY THOUGHTS???

steve verno
March 9, 2009 @ 12:10 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

hospitals, clinics, billing companies, and providers may have personal preferences for someone with experience, but that is a preference with some employers it could be a requirement.  Even with experience, there is no guarantee you can find employment.  

We dont control all the answers to many who wish to start in this profession.  if you dont make an attempt, how do you know if you will succeed or fail.   As it is written, to start a journey, you must take the first step.  Set your goals, reach them and set new ones.

steve verno
March 9, 2009 @ 8:27 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I wish to add to what I said.

Yolanda

It is good you're afraid. The future is unknown.  LIfe has no guarantees.  We have no answers or a piece of paper that guarantees you will be successful.  

Being afraid gives you courage.  Courage helps you overcome your fears.  That is because courage is being able to face your fears.  

I cannot say going into medical coding or billing  will solve all your personal problems.  I cannot say you will be happy at it.  No one is able to know if you will have a job when you are finished with your training.  No one is able to know if you can even do the work when you are done with your training.  No one knows if you will succeed when wanting to work from home.  As I said, the future is unknown.  We dont know what we will do a minute from now.  We only know what we hope or plan on happening.  Plans can change at any time.

Only you can decide on what you want to do.  As our mothers tell us,  just try to do your best.

yolanda
March 9, 2009 @ 8:51 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Actuallt, this is my second go round at medical biling and coding and as you can tell my attempe was not successful. I really do not want to keep going around the same circle with the sme results. I think i am going to go to school fo nursing and then I will do the billing and coding. One can go anywhere and get a job as a nurse.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc