Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Physician percentage for service
Topic Originator: Denise
Post Date February 13, 2006 @ 9:27 PM
Physician percentage for service

Denise
February 13, 2006 @ 9:27 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Just curious if anyone knew what the average fee today should be for a practice who is paying percentage basis? Is there such a scale nationwide? This is pertaining to Full-practice managment service's. 10 years ago when I started it was an average of 6-10% in the Southern California region.
Thank you in advance for your replies.

Pam Marshall
February 20, 2006 @ 1:40 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Denise,
It depends on the practice's specialty and the exact services requested.  Services can be percentage based, flat fee, per item or a combination of those.  If you're looking I recommend contacting several companies with details of what you want.  There are numerous good companies listed at http://hbma.org, click on "find a biller".
Pam
No. Colo. Professional Services

Denise
February 20, 2006 @ 10:57 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

The problem I found with doing that is many services feel this is a taboo subject therfore, to call and inquire your not likely to get that questioned answer as they feel you are they're competition. Thank you for your help.

Robin Roach
February 21, 2006 @ 10:19 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

It will vary based on the type of physician(s) in the practice, as well as your location. Since you mentioned Southern California, I'll assume that's where you are. Fees range from 5.0% for neurosurgery to 13% for peds.  If you are looking for a rate for a specific type of practice, please feel free to email me. Robin Roach www.entbiller.com  email hds_robin@wvdsl.net

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc