Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Pay increase?
Topic Originator: Angela Britt
Post Date March 17, 2005 @ 10:50 AM
Pay increase?

Angela Britt
March 17, 2005 @ 10:50 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I only have 1 week left before my 3 month probation period is over. My manager said there is room for a pay increase, though she would like me to put an offer to her.

I have only 3 months work experience with this company as a Prebiller, Financial Assistant ll.

Currently on $12.85 per hour. Location: San Francisco

How much do you think I could honestly ask for? Thinking $15.50 per hour?

Confused!!!!! Please help

March 23, 2005 @ 6:39 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Good Afternoon Angela,

Always a difficult question. Have you researched other companies and what their staff are being paid in the same area.

Second its not always good to discuss your pay rate with other team members, though if there is someone there that you feel comfortable talking to, then see if they could shed some light on your situation.

Check your company policy before talking to any internal staff. as I know many companies have strick rules in regards to staff discussing their pay rates with other members.

I would stay away from most of the Pay calculators that are on the internet. They seem to general.

A few dollars an hour more than you are currently making would be a safe bet. So I would ask for say $15.00 per hour.

Hope this helps
Reda - HR Consultant

Judy Yang
March 23, 2005 @ 7:09 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Reda, Check out monster Pay Calculator....

San Francisco, CA, is $33,842 for a Medical Biller

Or $15 hour x 40 hours a week X 52 weeks.

Not far off!

I always use the monster pay calculator I think its great!
Though there are more medical billing positions posted daily on this site!

Angela, I would have to agree with REDA $15.00 per hour would be spot on. Even though you have little experience. You have room to manouver....

Judy Yang

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc