Medical Billing Coding - ONLINE CODING NOW OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER 10-1-14, cpt, codes
medical billing and coding forum

BC Advantage Magazine

Billing-Coding.com

(FORUM HOME)

Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: ONLINE CODING NOW OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER 10-1-14
Topic Originator: SYANG
Post Date November 1, 2012 @ 12:42 PM
ONLINE CODING NOW OR WAIT UNTIL AFTER 10-1-14

SYANG
November 1, 2012 @ 12:42 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I'm planning to take a physician-based coding online course to refresh my coding skill since I don't remember much anymore.  I have my RHIT since 2011 with 2 years of HIM experience and no coding experience yet.  My question is should I take the course now or wait after 10-1-14 to take the course that comes with the ICD-10 coding.  I'm currently as receptionist at a clinic in WI and wants to get into outpatient/physician coding.  Any advice is be greatly appreciated.  THANKS!

Edith
June 28, 2013 @ 9:06 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You may want to go ahead and get it now.  You would have the one up on others who wait until 10/1/14?  I work as an outpatient surgery coder (hospital) and wouldn't want to try to learn ICD-10 at a later stage while trying to do the coding aspect of it too, at the same time.  Think you could transition well to take a refresher course and keep it by your side while you learn ICD-10.  The knowledge you gain now can only be of greater value as we near the conversion.  Take care.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc