BC Advantage Magazine

Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Age Restrictions
Topic Originator: Mandy
Post Date March 23, 2005 @ 1:52 PM
Age Restrictions

March 23, 2005 @ 1:52 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Are there any age restrictions on getting employed as a Medical Biller. I am about to finish High School this year and my parents are willing to pay for a Medical Billing Course for me.

I will be 17 when I complete school? Is this to young?

Thank you

March 23, 2005 @ 6:15 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

No I not believe there are any age restrictions.

So as long as you are dedicated and put 100% effort into studies, you should do very well in the industry, especially if you start just out of school.

Good luck with it all.

March 23, 2005 @ 6:21 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

We argree Nichole,

No, age does not matter. In most settings you will find people of all ages working in a variety of positions and skill levels. Because some of the medical positions require that you have prior work experience we recommend starting as soon as possible in order for you to obtain that experience.

March 31, 2005 @ 6:26 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Yes, I totally agree.....get a part time job in a medical office somewhere just to get into the scene and used to the laungage.
Experience goes a long way and will give you an edge when you are
ready to graduate.  Maybe even if you could volunteer for a couple hours a day a few days a week in the summer as a file clerk will pay off!  Dont be to pushy with people and realize you have alot to learn while still appearing eager become a biller.  If people like to be around you - they'll teach you more and you'll benifit from that :)  Just don't step on the old gals toes! Good Luck :)

April 21, 2005 @ 8:06 AM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

You're at a great age to start learning about billing and or coding. A good desire to learn and absorb all you can will definitely help you.

Best of luck!

May 10, 2005 @ 2:08 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

FYI : I am 17 and just got my first job in this industry. I am only doing Cash Posting, though at least I am now in a company and hopefully can move to billing, after I have proven myself as a good employee.

June 9, 2005 @ 8:28 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Well done. A good work ethic and enthusiasm go a long way in this industry. It's great to see!

August 22, 2005 @ 11:22 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Check out for career advice. They seem to be very professional and worth a look at?

Hope this helps

August 24, 2005 @ 7:12 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I cannot find the link, though recently I also came across an article on a news site that mentioned the above site. They were very positive about the company.

Will try and find the link later for you.

PS This is not a sales pitch.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc