Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: Am I qualified?
Topic Originator: Brian
Post Date July 10, 2007 @ 7:01 PM
Am I qualified?

Brian
July 10, 2007 @ 7:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

My brother is an anesthesiologist. He is giving me an opportunity to earn extra income by performing his medical billing even though he is satisfied with his current service. I would like to know if it is realistically possible for me to learm the skills required from books and a course or will I probably get payment requests denied from insurance companies due to making errors. A software saleswoman informed me that unless I train and work with someone with experience I will probably get payment requests denied due to using incorrect modifiers or missing modifiers. Also she said I will lack the knoweldge to get my brother upgrades and thus more money. I do not want to mess up his business LOL! I would appricate some comments. Also recommendations on books and online courses would be appriciated.

Alex
July 12, 2007 @ 7:01 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

Hey I am currently eroll in college for the coding and trancriptionist. I would advice u to look more into it, it is not as easy as people might make it to seem is a lot of research and studying. There is a lot of modifiers and differents codes it is a challenge.

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc