Career Advice

New Topic  |  Search

Thread Topic: billing or coding
Topic Originator: Crystal
Post Date September 22, 2007 @ 4:26 PM
billing or coding

Crystal
September 22, 2007 @ 4:26 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I am new to this. I am going to take my test for the hospital side in 2 weeks. I have been talking to some people and they said not to worry about the test since I have my certificate for clinical. A couple of them said it is good to start out in the billing side if possible because it can help you better in the coding in the future. Here in my town, I found out they hire outsiders , but put them in billing or filing first and maybe later into the coding dept. I am willing to work in billing just to get my foot in the door. I am also worried about the test coming up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you

LaQueta
October 9, 2007 @ 3:32 PM Reply  |  Email Friend   |  |Print  |  Top

I started out in the filing room at  our local hospital 15 years ago, after 7 months I was offered a billing position.  I held that position for 13 years and then heard about coding.  While I love my coding job, I think I would have had a harder time understanding the whole process of billing andf coding if I didn't understand the biling side of things.  I took the filing job to get my foot in the door as well and it worked out well for me.  Good Luck!!!!

Copyright © 2008 Billing-Coding Inc